S.M.S.L, what can you tell me about them?
Nov 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GeneralSmirnoff

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking around for quite some time for an audio solution for my desktop (Amp+Dac) that won't leave my wallet empty again but will provide much superior audio. I've been looking around and a Chinese company named S.M.S.L caught my attention. Their audio products seemed to be exactly what I was looking for; sound and build quality at an affordable price, specifically the SD-793II. What stopped me was the lack of information on their products. I'm not one to gamble money on unknown Chinese products so a few days ago I just grabbed a Fiio E10 for $45 shipped. Now I feel like I could've done better with my money. Since it's not too late, I'm asking you guys.

S.M.S.L SD-793II ebay link

My headphones: Beyer DT770 250ohm, Etymotic HF3, Panasonic RP-HTF600
Music: Metal, Electronic, Classical
Budget: $50-$70

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 3
I had one of their little speaker amps and they are pretty solid construction with better than expected sound quality. But if you can stretch a little on budget, a used Audio-gd NFB-12 would be much better. Also check out the Fiio E10.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 3
I bought the SMSL SD-1955, hardly used it and it stopped working.
Also bought the SD-793II, plugged a coaxial cable and it freaks out, so I'm not going to be buying any more SMSL products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back