S:Flo2 - any way to stop UI lag?
Jul 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Vergex2

100+ Head-Fier
When browsing folders (I have to keep my music in many folders because frankly, the UI sucks), my S:Flo constantly lags when trying to open a folder, and it will hang for a good 10 seconds or so. While at home it is a minor nuisance, when outside, it will be a huge pain.

My S:Flo isn't a month old, and I have firmware 2.2

Thanks

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Hmm...I don't have any lag navigating.  Sounds related to your SD card.

I don't use an SD card >.<

This started popping up about 2 weeks after it arrived. I originally thought it was an isolated incident.. but it seems to happen a lot now; more than half the time when I try to navigate a folder.

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 10
If it doesn't get better after resetting I would be worried.  Try freeing up some space on the memory if you are close to capacity and see if that helps.  If you are only using the internal memory and have it maxed w/ music the player wont be happy trying to execute your commands.  

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Hasn't happened to mine, I've used up nearly all of my 16GB of internal memory as well, but I use only flac, so not very many files and songs on it overall. Maybe try to minimize the amount of folders you create in your directories.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 10
I have the 16 GB version and at the time I had 10.6 GB free, a total of 352 files (about 320 of them music files - mp3, flac, wav, ogg) and I had a few MKV videos in addition to the stock images and videos. I deleted all the videos and images, but it didn't do anything. I'm at 11.4 GB free right now.

I'll try an SD card later I guess. But if there is something wrong with the internal flash storage than I definitely need an RMA; no way I'm paying extra for storage that is useless to me.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #9 of 10
Toned it down to 7 folders by deleting the 3 stock folders that are now empty (Images, Music & Video). Didn't do anything. Still have the problem.

Edit -  I think I fixed it. Turn off the cartoon in the settings and its much better. Out of about 50 tests, there was a 2 second hang once, much more usable than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back