S.A.C. vol 2
May 24, 2007 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been enjoying a soundtrack from Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. vol. II for the last couple of days. Has anyone else given this a try? If not, and you enjoy the series, then I recommend that you pick up a copy in the near future.

29_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/GHOST-IN-THE-SHE...QQcmdZViewItem

May 29, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 11
It's safe to say that pretty much any OST by Yoko Kanno is worth picking up. For the record, my favorite SAC OST is vol. 3, but all are worth having.

I've been searching for a release date for GITS: SSS for a while now. Thanks for the info. A Manga representative at AWA last year informed me that there will also be another GITS movie that will be completely CG and handed me a bag with a CG Motoko on it. The CG on the bag was impressive to say the least. I thought it was a real person at first glance.

May 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 11
Although kanno's work is quality, I do hear diverse elements lifted from various popular music. This could be seen as a good OR bad thing.

BTW, if you, like me, bought the DVD of GITS:Innocence, you owe it to yourself to visit kickassanime's website and check out their version. You are missing a lot.

May 29, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although kanno's work is quality, I do hear diverse elements lifted from various popular music. This could be seen as a good OR bad thing.

BTW, if you, like me, bought the DVD of GITS:Innocence, you owe it to yourself to visit kickassanime's website and check out their version. You are missing a lot.

Generally speaking there's always a lot of stuff included on region 2 dvd releases that aren't included when they arrive in the states
frown.gif

May 29, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 11
Oh yeah, great stuff. OST1 is my favourite but OST2 is great, too. OST3 not so much for some reason. The soundtrack to Solid State Society is pretty good, too, but weirder. Although not of the greatest musical value, the album"Be Human", also from SAC is pretty funny and rather light-hearted.

May 30, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, great stuff. OST1 is my favourite but OST2 is great, too. OST3 not so much for some reason. The soundtrack to Solid State Society is pretty good, too, but weirder. Although not of the greatest musical value, the album"Be Human", also from SAC is pretty funny and rather light-hearted.

I haven't heard this soundtrack yet. Define weirder.

May 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard this soundtrack yet. Define weirder.

Less conventional in melodies and harmonies, more erratic build ups. Even greater diversity in musical styles in that it goes more into extremes. Overall mood is darker and more mysterious, less uplifting and beautiful. Certain electronic songs sound experimental but not very innovative at the same time. Trying too hard to be hip perhaps? There are some good tracks but not one that I would put on repeat. On OST1 and OST2, there are quite a few of those tracks.

Anyway, less conventional probably sums it up. SAC OST1 for example is the most conventional of the SAC OSTs to me. Conventional not neccesarily in the way instruments are used but more in terms of the musical backbone (pacing, build-up, structure, melodies, harmonies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back