Rumour mill: Stello line to be revamped?
Apr 24, 2007 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jules650

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently searching for a DAC, and the Stello DA100 is on my shortlist. I spoke to Stephen from Select Audio (UK Stello distributor) today, and for those who are interested, he said that April Music mentioned a revamp/upgrade to the Stello line. He couldn't say for sure if the DA100 would be part of this revamp, and whether it was to be a real upgrade or just a visual upgrade.

I'm posting this just to see if anyone has any further information. Cheers.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 25
alright, thank you for the notice. I am considering a source upgrade too.
Just hope that the new Stello won't be too far off the current one. Or else... I might want to sell my amp to make sure that the dac and amp come in a stack
580smile.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 25
The distributor didn't know any specifics about which products would be revamped. I don't think it's worth it for them to cosmetically upgrade a line of products; I think we're looking at some tweaks, at least. However, I'm just speculating.

Any upgrade is good news for potential buyers; you can either go for the (hopefully!) cheaper old stock or hold out for the upgrades.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 25
There is nothing new revealed in their web page, http://www.hifi500.com/index.htm.

I am just hoping they don't start changing / upgrading / face lifting audio components like the automobile industry ...

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 25
I hope that 100-series will stay untouched. Upgrades only make you want to buy the new revision even though the old one would be perfectly fine.
frown.gif

If they make tweaks and upgrades they should release a completely new model.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 25
Seeing how there have been opinions that the DA100 is a great performer, or almost a steal even, at its current price, I sure hope this won't be just an excuse for April Music to jack up that price.

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 25
Hey

I can tell you that if any upgrades are going to be done that it will be worth it and if the price goes up it will be in line with it as
well.I know Simon for a long time and i can tell you that he is a lover of music first and lover of good audio equipment second.Simon always wants to give you the most for your money that he can because he belives in a good deal.

i have heard nothing about this but if i do i will post on what is being done.

Apr 24, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krusty09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey

I can tell you that if any upgrades are going to be done that it will be worth it and if the price goes up it will be in line with it as
well.I know Simon for a long time and i can tell you that he is a lover of music first and lover of good audio equipment second.Simon always wants to give you the most for your money that he can because he belives in a good deal.

i have heard nothing about this but if i do i will post on what is being done.

Keep us posted if you hear anything from April Music. I'm quite keen on getting the DA100.

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #12 of 25
yup, looks like the 100 line would be untouch.
OK, here is the problem, when exactly, will I have enough money to buy a DA100 @@

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #13 of 25
The 220 line isn't touched either. It's just the CDP and Integrated amp.

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #15 of 25
Nice Mark 2 it all... they might mean the addition of usb to the DA100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back