Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Mar 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #286 of 603
  As 2015 is Sennheiser's 70th anniversary, a strictly limided special model is pretty certain, though I wonder if it is really going to be an electrostatic HE90 successor in the 50k USD range.

Why on earth would it be anywhere close to $50k, let alone half of that? 
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #287 of 603

As 2015 is Sennheiser's 70th anniversary, a strictly limided special model is pretty certain, though I wonder if it is really going to be an electrostatic HE90 successor in the 50k USD range.

Why on earth would it be anywhere close to $50k, let alone half of that? 
confused.gif

Because of this:

The following is a screen capture from a Weibo message dated 17:15 of 22 August 2014:

http://www.weibo.com/1644112151/BjtwDvA50#_rnd1408790858716

The content in English:
Have a chat with Jessica from Sennheiser today and confirmed some new issues:
- Orpheus 2 is for real, will formally announced in near future, priced between ¥250K (~US$40,600) to ¥300K n (~US$48,700);
- will have a flagship after HD800, open backed for sure, and more pricy;
- will announced new products within 60 days, products numbers are CX1.00 CX3.00 CX5.00, these will be the line under IE series, both product and package will definitely eye-opening.

Welcome to share with acknowledgement

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #288 of 603
Because of this:
those kind of prices are not even funny...does same thing occuring as with the car industry lately, Building cars only oil dollars sheiks and other kind of extreme rich people who doesnt know what to do with their fortune, can afford.
This world is getting out of control....i cant imagine the building costs are grown that fast..its all about craziness and what bottomless purse is willing to pay for those outrageous prices...most people who has that kind of money also have a multi 100.000 worth of speaker rig..so its only about owning stuff...such a shame brands are falling for that...99% of audio listening people have a max of 2000usd for a headphone...hope the brands will see that and come up with headphones in that pricerange...but all i see lately is (future) TOTL phones who costing multi times of that... :mad:

And even worse...many of us, who have phones in that price range already find those prices normal, and are willing to pay..not me..ever...

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #289 of 603
Yes it seems the the TOTL headphone manufacturers are primarily focusing on those who make up the 1 percent super wealth. I just hope the technology from these ultra fine cans leaks down into cans, the average person can strive for. But for now I will be content with such mundane headphones as the HD 800, LCD-3f, HE-6 and the AKG 812. It might take me a while to purchase such mundane headphones, but was does a humble wage slave, with a audiophile monkey, on his back to do.:D

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #292 of 603
those kind of prices are not even funny...does same thing occuring as with the car industry lately, Building cars only oil dollars sheiks and other kind of extreme rich people who doesnt know what to do with their fortune, can afford.

Don't forget that it also makes a statement about the brand when they produce the best headphone ever made.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #293 of 603
Don't forget that it also makes a statement about the brand when they produce the best headphone ever made.

As i said..car brands do the same..all of them..even ford does it now with their new GT... And as far i know hifiman is doing exactly the same as sennheiser does (am sure audeze will also) and we already have the abbyss..they all make a statement..but for who???? I still stand behind my statement: its only interesting for the rich and famous on this planet..dont get me wrong..i dont need to worry about money to much, so my rig cant be called to be on a small budget i admit..but...the prices these headphones are going for are just rediculus....just like bugatti...many call them absurd because of how much they cost and how bulky they look...but they are always sold out with every more expensive version they make by people who have to much money to spend....statement? Not really, not for the normal working dudes (and ladies) like most of us anyway, as i think the max sweet spot is around 1500-2000usd (or euro) for most of us for a headphone...but i can be wrong ofcourse. :p

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #294 of 603
they all make a statement..but for who????

For all of us! Even if we can't afford our dream flagship product, we can "buy a piece" of it, by buying the next model or two down the range.

So flagship products can drive sales of a whole product range.

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #295 of 603
For all of us! Even if we can't afford our dream flagship product, we can "buy a piece" of it, by buying the next model or two down the range.

So flagship products can drive sales of a whole product range.

I wouldnt buy a ford, just because they just came out with a super GT... Just saying :D
those kind of products are only interesting to be followed out of curiosity...so i agree with u on that..but i wouldnt see it as statement...IMHO ofcourse...we all have our opinions..still..ofcourse i respect what they come out with...and follow it out of curiosity..but i would never ever buy anything just because they have a statement outrageous priced model, as u just stated. But hey..am a bit crazy..so i must be delirious believing this :D

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #296 of 603
You could always rob a bank or even become a powerful drug lord... basically turn to a life of crime ... should bring in some fast cash ... haha just kidding .. haha

Or do a l Ron Hubard, and create the church of the happy audiophile, and really rake in the tax free money:D. Lol.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #298 of 603
In a few weeks a Teaser will come about the new sennheiser ........

Regards Nomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back