Rugby World Cup 2007
Oct 20, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #121 of 129
Why did we see so much kicking in this game and the whole of the World Cup? Remember the Wales/Fiji match. Quick ball and fast hands, good, long possesions. Today, every time the ball was handled, ground was made. Total mystery. Doesn'tkicking mostly end up in a change of possession?

No trys today. Too bad.

Contratulations South Africa! England, you did yourself proud and really played tough.

Thanks to one and all for keeping this thread going. It's sad this wonderful tournament is over.

Argentina should be added to the tri-nations. They earned it. How about a Pacific five nations: Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Australia and the ABs? Time for the world to build the game throughout the world through international competitions.

As xenithon said, see you in New Zealand in 2011. I'll be there!

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #122 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a Pacific five nations: Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Australia and the ABs?

I don't think that will ever happen as it will bring to light the Australian and AB reliance on their pacific bretheren to fill up their national teams. A combined Pacific team would be interesting though and there has been talk about such a team being introduced in a Super 15.

England backs really frustrated me this final. The English forwards were let down by their ineffective kicking game. I can only fathom Wilkinson's early drop-goal attempts were to rattle SA and cause a break in their defensive line.

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #123 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to one and all for keeping this thread going. It's sad this wonderful tournament is over.

Argentina should be added to the tri-nations. They earned it. How about a Pacific five nations: Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Australia and the ABs? Time for the world to build the game throughout the world through international competitions.

As xenithon said, see you in New Zealand in 2011. I'll be there!

Hell yeah!! When I first started this thread I expected five or six replies and then figured it would head off to the great thread graveyard in the sky to mingle with some of the more inane polls that have been foisted upon us...but 7 pages??? Wow!!
blink.gif
blink.gif

Anyway congrats to the 'Bok and tough on the English. New Zealand in 4??? Can't wait. With any luck World Rugby will have come to their senses and spotted that there is a whole bunch of countries that would absobloodylutly love to play each other more than once every 4 years. I hope we're still around for it
icon10.gif

And Kiwi? Totally agree with you about gridiron...Thats why you should start watching the hockey..after 19 years over here and now a US citizen, it's the only game I've got time for.
Best to all...

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #125 of 129
Shame the final didn't have more positive rugby but I was happy to see SA win as I feel they will carry the World Champ title with more vigor than England managed during their tenure.
One of the best means to get some good running rugby back into critical matches like the Cup finals would be to depower the value of the drop goal and penalty which would hopefully encourage more effort into scoring tries rather than the negative defensive patterns we're getting at the moment.

All in all an excellent tournament and a credit to the French organisors and people . I very much enjoyed all the games I saw including those of the 'minows' in the pool rounds.

Now I only hope the w&*k#s in Auckland can get some sort of agreement worked out and start on the Eden Park upgrade so that we can do an equally good job in 2011.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #126 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yeah!! When I first started this thread I expected five or six replies and then figured it would head off to the great thread graveyard in the sky to mingle with some of the more inane polls that have been foisted upon us...but 7 pages??? Wow!!
blink.gif
blink.gif

Anyway congrats to the 'Bok and tough on the English. New Zealand in 4??? Can't wait. With any luck World Rugby will have come to their senses and spotted that there is a whole bunch of countries that would absobloodylutly love to play each other more than once every 4 years. I hope we're still around for it
icon10.gif

And Kiwi? Totally agree with you about gridiron...Thats why you should start watching the hockey..after 19 years over here and now a US citizen, it's the only game I've got time for.
Best to all...

You know I owe you an apology for not recognizing that you, NacMac, were the one responsible for starting this thread. Thanks to you and everyone for a great conversation! Over 1600 views is not bad at all.

Now's the time to start putting a little away every month for our trip to NZ in 2011 and all of descend on tuatara for a really good pre-torunament party to recognize that 2011 is the ALL BLACKS year!

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #127 of 129
why do we always do silly things like concede penalties because a player decided to flick out his feet and do a deliberate trip in such a crucial match, where very point counts, amazes me...
mad.gif

unforced error type thing.

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #129 of 129
Yeah baby!

The whole country's gone rugby mad! After the disappointment of crashing out of both cricket world cups and our excuse of a football team it feels good to call ourselves world champions...again.

Lets hope Sarfu decide to keep Jake White on. I think the addition of Eddie "Van der" Jones was a stroke of genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back