RudiStor RP1000
Mar 22, 2006 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Patu

Headphoneus Supremus
Mar 23, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 12
Hi, Patu!

Can't wait to hear it. I just posted in another thread -- Rudi will be bringing it to the National/International Headfi Meet, April 22-23 in NYC.

Cheers,
Peter

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hi, Patu!

Can't wait to hear it. I just posted in another thread -- Rudi will be bringing it to the National/International Headfi Meet, April 22-23 in NYC.

Cheers,
Peter

Do you mean that Rudi, himself, is actually bringing his gear? Like, Rudi is attending the Natiuonal Meet in person, from Italy? That is too much. That thing is becoming over the top. The Woodstock of Headphone-dom.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Do you mean that Rudi, himself, is actually bringing his gear? Like, Rudi is attending the Natiuonal Meet in person, from Italy?

Yeah Rudi is attending the national meet.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hi, Patu!

Cheers,
Peter

That's great! I can't wait to hear impressions about it.

What's not so great is that I can't attend that meet.
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 12
Yes Rudi will be here, till now that is the plan, we may need some balanced cans, and maybe a good balanced source though as we do not have any, if any member is willing to cooperate just PM me, to arrange the details...I ahve a Sony universal player, but it is not balanced, and to bring a balanced source from abroad it is too much I think....

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 12
I find the dual volume control objectionable. I'd rather have one high-quality volume control that is able to deal with the balanced/bridge topology than two hyper-expensive brass covered pots that must be operated separately. What's the practical advantage of having two volume pots?

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Yes Rudi will be here, till now that is the plan, we may need some balanced cans, and maybe a good balanced source though as we do not have any, if any member is willing to cooperate just PM me, to arrange the details...

National meet and you don't have balanced cans or source there... are you kidding me?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
National meet and you don't have balanced cans or source there... are you kidding me?
smily_headphones1.gif

Well actually I think that Rudi will have some cans around, but there are plenty of choices, that you may want to try, remember that any headphone could be used in balanced operation, but we will not have all of them in the meeting, and I know that there are a lot of members with headphones balanced ready....Also the amp could be used either way, balanced or unbalanced in a dual mono configuration.

Me personally, I do not care for balanced operation and I will never go that route, as I stated many times before, balanced should belong the pro world, and only for long length runs and nowhere else...IMO there is absolutely no other advantage, but if you want consider it suited for your needs and want to try a different sound with your balanced cans and sources it is up to you...

But my personal opinion, is that to ask someone that is coming from abroad in a plain, to carry one source from Italy to here, on top of all the amps he will bring is IMO a little on the abusive side, while we could get them here on loan from many members that will not use them that day, and that will be there anyway enjoying all the goodies, that all these people will bring, honestly do you really consider that we are asking too much???.....
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back