RudiStor NX-03, RPX-33 [NX03, RPX33]: Rudi rules!
Oct 24, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #122 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's cheaper to buy in euro at present. I only have to pay a bit more to get RPX-100 over GS-X.

Have you actually heard these 2 amps? Any comments would be very welcome!

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #123 of 187
I have never heard them, all my gears have been bought on blind faith ! I have seen a few reviews of GS-X here but not RPX-100. Have you considered Ray Samuels Apache ?

Oct 25, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #124 of 187
I have the RPX-100 and find it a fantastic amp with good control, warmish, nice extension and goos soundstage but have not heard any of the other amps mentioned so can't compare.

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #126 of 187
With my L3000 there was a fair difference (I had them balanced after getting the RPX-100). Balanced there was more control over the whole sound spectrum, like the amp is grapping the by the b...ls and really getting them to pay attention. With the GS-1000 I don't know as I got them already balanced.

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #127 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by George V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased a new unti based on web posts such as this one. It teaches me to trust my ears rather than others before buying. The unit has roughly 12 hours break-in so far and is totally disappointing. It sounds hard, cold and second rate. So much for $ 1,299.00 plus shipping.

The quality builld of the unit was bad. as you turn the volume knob, it rubs against the front plate. so much for Han's quality control. It has not performed well with either the AKG 702, Denon D 2000 or Ultrasone 900 Pro.

Unless it really changes in the next 100 hours, people raving about Rudistor or this unit may need their opinions tempered by other potential buyers.

Hey George

How did it work out?

Your experience seems to be at odds with just about everyone else
owning a Rudistor amp so I'm curious to say the least. Can't all have the
same ears I guess but I'd still like to know what you're using as your source.

Hope you work it out.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #129 of 187
And another bump.

Still no word from George V.

Hmmm...
wink_face.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #130 of 187
We have requested some info, also asked him that if he is not satisfied, just the amp back for a full refund, and no word from him till now, not sure what is going on, as we have received no word from him, maybe at the end he liked it....
icon10.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #131 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have requested some info, also asked him that if he is not satisfied, just the amp back for a full refund, and no word from him till now, not sure what is going on, as we have received no word from him, maybe at the end he liked it....
icon10.gif

Amen
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #132 of 187
Soundinista, another thank you for the time you've spent sharing your experiences with everyone. For people buying "eyes wides shut" like me, threads like yours are really everything.

I am getting one of Rudistor's amps (decided to go solid state for practicality and philosophic questions) and the natural choice is the NX-03. But, I could stretch to the NX-33+balanced cables or the RPX-33 EV08...
The headphones are always my trusty old HD-600. May upgrade to something more 1000$-ish but that's veeeery far away for now.

I don't want to hijack your thread but you have posted little information on the pairing of these two amps with your Senns.

I won't ask you to detail how each behaves with the Senns but could you at least let me know if you think the RPX-33 is overkill for the Senns?

Again, thank you for your feedback

cheers everyone

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #133 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVibe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soundinista, another thank you for the time you've spent sharing your experiences with everyone. For people buying "eyes wides shut" like me, threads like yours are really everything.

I am getting one of Rudistor's amps (decided to go solid state for practicality and philosophic questions) and the natural choice is the NX-03. But, I could stretch to the NX-33+balanced cables or the RPX-33 EV08...
The headphones are always my trusty old HD-600. May upgrade to something more 1000$-ish but that's veeeery far away for now.

I don't want to hijack your thread but you have posted little information on the pairing of these two amps with your Senns.

I won't ask you to detail how each behaves with the Senns but could you at least let me know if you think the RPX-33 is overkill for the Senns?

Again, thank you for your feedback

cheers everyone

I'm curious also - though the NX-33 seems like the "sweet spot."

I think you're answer is "buried in this long thread." But, I don't recall the specfic answer to your question. It just seems to me that it was the NX-33.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #134 of 187
The HD600/650/580 are the kind of headphones that at the difference from the majority, benefit greatly from the balanced output topology, they sound like different heapdhones. Now IME you will be better served by a balanced amp over any single ended...just my two cents...in this particular case, is not a matter of the amps, rather than to know which the headphones in question will be...

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #135 of 187
I'm sure that a Rudistor amp would be great with my Ed.9 but unfortunately I cannot spend $2000 CAD onto something that I have never tried before.
frown.gif

Is there someone from Montreal here with a RPX-33 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back