RSA Predator and Mad Dogs?
May 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

punkaroo

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm eagerly awaiting the imminent arrival of my Mad Dogs. I was seriously impressed listening to them powered by a Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp and DHA-1 DAC. Very, very, verrrrrry impressed!

I do a lot of my web surfing on my laptop on the couch, so I'm looking for a portable setup that sounds like a desktop. Does that make sense? I guess what I'm saying is...seeing as my butt is glued to the couch a lot (LOL) I'd like something that will do a great job without having to go with a desktop setup.

Over the years, I've read a lot about Ray Samuels and his audio products but I have yet to hear any. I'm very, very curious to pick up a Predator for the hell of it, and they seem to hold on to their resale value if I decide it's not for me. I have a Pico DAC that I may hook up with it to see how the DACs compare. From what I've read, the Predator has tons of power for such a small unit.

I've considered the Pico Power as well; I'm a big fan of Justin's work, and I have his Pico Slim too. I've narrowed it down to these two, but I'm really swaying towards the Predator because argh! I really want to hear one of these badasses! 

Anyone using a Predator with their Mad Dogs? How do you like it?

May 18, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Bumpity-boop! Anyone? Bueller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back