Royksopp
Aug 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 15
Ha! So did I - I bought Junior as a lark recently after hearing several recommendations, followed by Melody AM and more recently by The Understanding. They do a really great mix of mellow, chill-out music and danceable beats.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 15
This happened to me a few months ago... I remember hearing them on the FIFA 06 soundtrack, and after a genius recommendation (I think...) commenced to buy Junior, the Understanding, and Melody A.M. in that order. Looking forward to Senior this winter
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 15
Røyksopp is awesome!
smile.gif

Two gifted guys from northern Norway (Tromsø), which have became quite popular even abroad.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 15
krmathis,

it must be kind of cool to know some music from your neck of the woods is enjoying success overseas
smily_headphones1.gif
They've been featured here on a car insurance commercial (Remind Me), a video game (Follow My Ruin) and the opening video and ads for Mac OSX Panther (Eple).

And Squirsier, what's this about a live album? I kinda want to hear it now.

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 15
weeeeeird I just started listening to them last week

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 15
Aaah, brings me back to primary school. Bought Melody A.M. in 2001 when it was released. It's still going strong in my current collection.

I wasn't that excited about The Understanding, but some tracks are unbelievably good, like 'What Else Is There' with Karin from The Knife

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaah, brings me back to primary school. Bought Melody A.M. in 2001 when it was released. It's still going strong in my current collection.

I wasn't that excited about The Understanding, but some tracks are unbelievably good, like 'What Else Is There' with Karin from The Knife

I thought the understanding had some real strong tracks, and I did like to hear some Knife vocals as well.

P.S. I just bought the live album
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #12 of 15
Such good videos, I agree. Nothing is more awesome than a colossal city-wide game of Space Invaders.

And the video for "Eple" is fairly mind-bending.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 15
I did see the Geico commercial, but was not aware of Royksopp's existence at that point in time.

Perhaps I'll have to check out Junior Boys, then.

P.S. The live version of "Sparks" is SICK.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #15 of 15
I did see the Geico commercial, but was not aware of Royksopp's existence at that point in time.

Perhaps I'll have to check out Junior Boys, then.

P.S. The live version of "Sparks" is SICK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back