Rosewill R-PAS-01?
Dec 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Player1

New Head-Fier
Well i've got a pair of HD595s and i've always been very happy with them, but i never bothered with an amp as i'd heard that they don't really need one. However,  this was on sale for cyber monday for 20 bucks shipped, so i bought one. what did i buy? is this going to do any good at all?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193056

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 6
You should be worried lol

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 6
well it arrived today, and i'm pleasantly surprised. the lack of bass that i thought was just a part of the headphones is completely gone, the whole lower end is very impressive now. even better than my 5.1 setup. I'd be interested to try this out next to one of the more well regarded amps, i'm sure this one seems like blasphemy to most of the people here.

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 6
I just ordered one in the mail. It had 1 review and it was favorable. This might be one of those under the radar types of things that you would not notice until everyone is talking about it. I'll use them to power my AKG K271s so I know what my headphone is surely lacking and if the Rosewil can deliver then, hurrah for cheap amplifiers ;p

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 6
I got the Rosewil today and I am auditioning them now. There is a significant boost in bass on my AKG K271s so that says a lot about its bass boost since the K217s definitely is lacking the bass department.

The signal is however, dirtier in the higher ranges and visible hiss is present. Mid range on the other hand is perfect, in fact, better than without the amp. Lows are split.. sometimes it sounds better, sometimes it hisses at you. depends on how deep the lows go.

Overall, the Rosewil is a nice little amp that will not break your bank, but you get what you pay for, so all together, you can skip the purchase and invest in a high quality amp later on. But if you need a quirky small amp that is smaller than a usb drive, then look no further as this amp is small and portable is rechargeable via usb port.

Music Sampled with the K271s:

Just Jack - Embers
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Jack Johnson - Good People

Users who are viewing this thread

Back