Romi Audio - The official thread
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #886 of 928
Lp6 does it better by its self than any portable amp I've tried
what about ibasso dx220 max and other maxs?
as for me, ibasso maxs are more powerful than fiio m17 from external power supply

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #887 of 928
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #889 of 928
what about ibasso dx220 max and other maxs?
as for me, ibasso maxs are more powerful than fiio m17 from external power supply

Every I basso and fiio I've ever tried uses a ton of gain to fake having actual power and falls flat on its face when you throw something like Diana at it

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #890 of 928
Every I basso and fiio I've ever tried uses a ton of gain to fake having actual power and falls flat on its face when you throw something like Diana at it
I agree about the sound quality, but the fact that they are more powerful: the images are bigger and more air between them

Now, if LP made a dap the size of M17, to install more and better batteries for better power supply :relieved:

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #891 of 928
I agree about the sound quality, but the fact that they are more powerful: the images are bigger and more air between them

Now, if LP made a dap the size of M17, to install more and better batteries for better power supply :relieved:

Image size and separation arent really related to power (thats much more likely just due to them using ESS chips tbh). Like you have real low power stage can collapse, but even on sus with under 1W separation isn't really what suffers

Apr 11, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #892 of 928
he4, he560, he5se, and he1000se should arrive soon
I have HEKse and HE560. I run all my cans balanced.

BX2+ powers both easily. In fact, I run the HKEse on low gain in order to have more usable range on the volume knob. 560 is more demanding, and it's fine from either low or high gain. To be clear, HEKse sounds fine on high gain, but I like the volume adjustment to be less sensitive.

I can't add to the comparisons others have posted here as far as sound quality of BX(mumble) vs C9, 428, Bakoon, etc. Only other good portable amp I own is my CypherLabs AlgoRhythm Duet, which has a significantly warmer signature. Additionally, the BX2+ is much more powerful ... not even close. Form factor on the Duet is much better for real portable use, but it struggles with more demanding cans (like the 560s and especially my former HEKv2).

BX2+ has no problems driving any of my cans, including the HEKv2 and 560s, as well as my Hedd and Ether 2 -- my 2 most demanding sets at this point.

Jul 9, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #894 of 928
Back on this thread with something new coming up my way: BX2+ Pro (Copper) + bespoke Power Supply with premium components (Denon capacitors🤩). Romi special interconnects included.
Hyped🤟

Johnny is the man and will send pictures while building up the power supply. Will post pictures in due time.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #895 of 928
Looking forward to reading your impressions and updates because this is the amp that I am really interested in due to the fact that I love the sound of the BX2 plus. How much was the whole package if you don't mind me asking you?. Thank you!

Jul 9, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #896 of 928
Looking forward to reading your impressions and updates because this is the amp that I am really interested in due to the fact that I love the sound of the BX2 plus. How much was the whole package if you don't mind me asking you?. Thank you!
I got a honorable discount due to the fact I launched this thread and bought many Romi´s stuff. Let’s say that I’ve landed south of GBP 1.6K for the copper amp, the power supply, two interconnects and shipping. Casual customers should be good with GBP 1.9-2K.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #897 of 928
For us Indonesians, it is very unfortunate that the process of buying Romi amps is extremely challenging (almost impossible?).. so much that I ended up buying something else (also from overseas) but with a much easier transaction process.. still hoping to get my hands on a Romi amp in the future though 😊

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #898 of 928
I got a honorable discount due to the fact I launched this thread and bought many Romi´s stuff. Let’s say that I’ve landed south of GBP 1.6K for the copper amp, the power supply, two interconnects and shipping. Casual customers should be good with GBP 1.9-2K.
Really interested in this. At that price, it's competing with Mass Kobo 475/428, which to my ears is by far the best sounding portable SS amp out there. The power supply aspect on the Romi could give an advantage. A comparison would be ideal....

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #899 of 928
Really interested in this. At that price, it's competing with Mass Kobo 475/428, which to my ears is by far the best sounding portable SS amp out there. The power supply aspect on the Romi could give an advantage. A comparison would be ideal....
In 4 weeks I should get the whole package. Will compare it with C9 and trying to remember how BX2+ sounded😅. Regarding Mass Kobo, I unfortunately won’t be able to tell.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #900 of 928
Regarding Mass Kobo, I unfortunately won’t be able to tell.
Well, if there's some kind of Swiss/Austrian meet-up, then we can exchange and find out!

trying to remember how BX2+ sounded

I sort of remember BX2+ myself - a very fine amp, though felt like it didn't quite reach its potential. No doubt the Pro model brings the BX2 project to a state of bountiful fruition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back