rolled some fuses - this is what I heard
Jan 6, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #106 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already answered your questions, but here's a simple test for you. Try bypassing the fuses completely and see if the sound is different.

Go test it yourself before spreading your wisdom!
cool.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #107 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
colonelkernel8, when people in a forum start a post by saying things like "last I checked", or "Erm", or "that's interesting because...", or "Here is some plain old horse sense", then a conversation where people have varying amounts of belief or disbelief on a subject, no longer becomes a logical debate on a given subject and becomes a pissing contest that takes a perfectly good topic and "degrades" it's signal path.
tongue.gif

I have noticed that this has become more common with people who have joined Head-fi in the last couple of years and seem to interject controversy for the sheer enjoyment of it wherever they go, rather than be a productive part of the debate. I also notice that is comes from younger people who enjoy this type of banter on other sites.
This is a new era for Head-Fi and I'm not sure it's one that the tenured people enjoy, which has made them stop posting valuable info to share with the community.
Wheever some makes one of these statements, I check their posting history and see a pattern that is consistent to this.

I apologize, I forgot to quote the post I was replying to so it did indeed seem like I was trying to ignite controversy. Though I will admit, my posts of late have been silly. Most of them have been in the two threads pertaining to fuses, can you guess why?

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #108 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of them have been in the two threads pertaining to fuses, can you guess why?

Because you are going to soon become an entry level fuse MOT on Head-Fi?
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #109 of 137
Quote:

You're right. No one needs my help to be an idiot. It's not the idiots that my comments are meant to benefit.

I already answered your questions, but here's a simple test for you. Try bypassing the fuses completely and see if the sound is different.

See ya
Steve

Bypass the fuses and potentially roast the gear or your home .... now that would be foolish.

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #110 of 137
Quote:

...but here's a simple test for you. Try bypassing the fuses completely and see if the sound is different.

Let me get this straight, you are recommending to both n00Bs and knowledgeable people with technical backgrounds, to run AC components while bypassing a fuse?
eek.gif

That about ends your validation as a competent person to discuss audio with.

Seriously people, don't try this at home, it is a professional stunt that is only to be done on a closed course by people with expendable cash in one hand and fire extinguishers in the other.

*EDIT- Writting at the same time as Sacd lover

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #112 of 137
What a perfectly pointless analogy. Electricity does NOT equal water through pipes. Using that analogy, when electricity (water) hits a choke point, it increases pressure (like when you put your thumb over the end of the hose). So basically, when you hit a so-called "choke point" (talking about a fuse here, not a resistor), your voltage goes up and your current drops...not true. Besides, fuses aren't choke points, they are designed not to resist the current they are designed for.

Simply put, you cannot think of electricity as water through plumbing.

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #113 of 137
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #114 of 137
wink.gif

I deleted what I said myself..

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #115 of 137
Quote:

What a perfectly pointless analogy. Electricity does NOT equal water through pipes.

Right, cuz if it did it wouldn't be an analogy, and I don't remember bringing up voltage and amperage anywhere.
confused.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #119 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See, there we go. Vul Kuolun got it!
wink.gif

Hooray! Did i win the Virtual Dynamics 9V-batteryclip for my Cmoy?
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #120 of 137
Quote:

What a perfectly pointless analogy. Electricity does NOT equal water through pipes. Using that analogy, when electricity (water) hits a choke point, it increases pressure (like when you put your thumb over the end of the hose). So basically, when you hit a so-called "choke point" (talking about a fuse here, not a resistor), your voltage goes up and your current drops...not true. Besides, fuses aren't choke points, they are designed not to resist the current they are designed for.

Simply put, you cannot think of electricity as water through plumbing.

Well to be 100% accurate while to place the thumb on the hose what you increase is the speed, the pressure in both scenarios is the same, cero, the pressure in an open flow of fluid is always cero...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back