Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #1,381 of 4,743
@twangsta and eisenbricher

Loved the jumbo Jackson frets. .. The sound had an imbalance towards the lower end. It sucks with tube amp. i will get back and try the rhoads version.
Do you guys have any experience in traveling with your guitar on planes?? My friends say its no problem at all and it fits under 'hand baggage'. But I measured the cabin And its smaller to fit the guitar unless of course I remove the neck from body.
eh, just drop it on the luggage conveyor. Hopefully your case cushions the guitar well then it shouldn't be a problem. But I don't think it'll fit inside cabin. Never tried that.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,382 of 4,743
Aya, you won't get kc06 here locally... But definitely get the Pistons. Flipkart has it priced the least in world, guaranteed authentic product and delivers super fast in metro cities. My roomie bought one some days ago and I tried it. Great SQ for such low price!!

I had an MH1c...And this is why I am overlooking the Pistons. But if its still a steal, will reconsider.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #1,383 of 4,743
Aya, you won't get kc06 here locally... But definitely get the Pistons. Flipkart has it priced the least in world, guaranteed authentic product and delivers super fast in metro cities. My roomie bought one some days ago and I tried it. Great SQ for such low price!!

I wonder how I can do that when there is luggage already for check in. Its one per person for check in.

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #1,384 of 4,743
I got the pistons. They are incredible iems for 800 bucks. They sound terrific out of the box and gets better. If you want to take it to the next level, do the filter mod. The mid bass becomes less and the clarity increases. It's a very noticable difference. I did the mod and am very pleased.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1,385 of 4,743
Do you manage to get a good seal with the Pistons? I got a pair as part of a bundle with my Xiaomi phone months ago and used them for barely an hour. They kept slipping out!
Got the RE600 for everyday use recently and I'm quite pleased with them, would never pay the full retail price though.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #1,386 of 4,743
With stock tips, no. I got a good fit with Sony Hybrids. But still the stock pistons are very good addition to the tips inventory. They are the one of the widest bore tips available and may be a very good match for other IEMs. For example my tip rolling for TTPOD T1E finally stopped after getting goods result on piston tips.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #1,387 of 4,743
  I got the pistons. They are incredible iems for 800 bucks. They sound terrific out of the box and gets better. If you want to take it to the next level, do the filter mod. The mid bass becomes less and the clarity increases. It's a very noticable difference. I did the mod and am very pleased.

How do you know the Pistons at Flipkart are authentic?

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #1,388 of 4,743
  How do you know the Pistons at Flipkart are authentic?

Because WS Retail (Which is Flipkart itself) sells only authentic products. Come on, it's not AliExpress or Ebay where you receive fake stuff.. it's FK.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #1,389 of 4,743
  Because WS Retail (Which is Flipkart itself) sells only authentic products. Come on, it's not AliExpress or Ebay where you receive fake stuff.. it's FK.

Yeah, I think they're alright too. A friend has two off FK and he says they sound identical to mine, my packaging is a bit different though some IF version that differs slightly. Xiaomi India doesn't sell them direct?

Oh and if anyone is interested the Geek Pulse + HE560 bundle is back at IGG. Very tempted, but I need to replace my 5 year old laptop. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #1,390 of 4,743
  Yeah, I think they're alright too. A friend has two off FK and he says they sound identical to mine, my packaging is a bit different though some IF version that differs slightly. Xiaomi India doesn't sell them direct?

Oh and if anyone is interested the Geek Pulse + HE560 bundle is back at IGG. Very tempted, but I need to replace my 5 year old laptop. 

No, Xiaomi sells all of their stuff through Flipkart. There are some eBay sellers in India who import Xiaomi stuff from China and sell it here but it's always priced higher than Flipkart. 

One caveat though, some tech site (probably fonearena) has compared original Chinese Pistons with the Indian Pistons and they found some differences. Though both being authentic and made by Xiaomi it seems like the Chinese version is better (which is also priced higher).

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,391 of 4,743
  They have a 7 day return policy and 100% money back guarantee. Hopefully that should help whoever buys it. I know its quite an expense to make but it seems worthwhile given the discount, thought I will put it out there anyways.
Yes I have had a problem with Snapdeal in the past, received the wrong product, but I didnt send it back because it turned out to be better than what I ordered :)

1840 is already flagship though. only one way from there.

if they are so unreliable, maybe I should try ordering 1440 to see if i get lucky
cool.gif

Shure SRH 1840 @ 30,507(MRP is 49,000) gr8 deal in my opinion.

i tried 1440, and it was very smooth sounding. if it were not for treble glare could've probably got it instead of k550. if 1840 is even more refined without that treble glare, then it must definitely be very good.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #1,393 of 4,743
  When I said I got a better product, I wasn't referring to headphones. I ordered Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising and they sent me the whole collection. I was surprised beyond belief but was also happy. Wished this happened with headphones though :)

it wont happen again, they wont send you the whole line up this time around.
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #1,395 of 4,743
  Unbelievable though I must still say I am surprised ...best part is it isnt even listed on snapdeal. Actually its not available for sale anywhere in India.

Just love that game : )  RTS like that one are rarity these days ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back