Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #2,612 of 4,743
 I have something exciting to share here.

Just received my Jays q-jays review unit. Will share impressions in few hours.

eek.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #2,613 of 4,743
Tried a few headphones at various stores in and around San Francisco while searching for places to demo the Fidelio X2 (which didn't materialize as none of the stores stocked them);

Grado RS2, SR325e
Audeze EL8 Open, LCD X apart from V Modas, Senns.

The Grado 325e were very good for the price (299 $) but the build and comfort of the Fidelios were too good to resist.

Since Philips didn't distribute in the USA, I ended up ordering online from Amazon (only source in USA). Shall share impressions in a few days.

Cheers

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #2,614 of 4,743
  Where can I find HI Res model of Walkman (A17/ZX1/2) in India.
I know that sony doesn't sell these goodies here but did anyone bought it from grey market?

walkman only? will cowon Planue M do?

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #2,615 of 4,743
Tried a few headphones at various stores in and around San Francisco while searching for places to demo the Fidelio X2 (which didn't materialize as none of the stores stocked them);

Grado RS2, SR325e
Audeze EL8 Open, LCD X apart from V Modas, Senns.

The Grado 325e were very good for the price (299 $) but the build and comfort of the Fidelios were too good to resist.

Since Philips didn't distribute in the USA, I ended up ordering online from Amazon (only source in USA). Shall share impressions in a few days.

Cheers

I too loved those fidelio L2, X2 should be even better. Cheers, enjoy!!

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #2,616 of 4,743
 And about my q-jays, better than the last gen for sure, this time it has more rumble to the bass and ahh, details cant stay away from BA drivers can they?

Sonicality is good but imaging is awesome, clarity and reveling abilities are top class. I will burn these for 100hrs at least.

Clean sounding earphone without any kind of sibilance or anything.

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #2,618 of 4,743
Hey friends,

Greetings from Guwahati. I am Sunit and I take great interest in tech of all kind. I currently have TekFusion twinwoofers, JBL Tempo, FiiO E6 Fujiyama and an ASUS Xonar U7.

I always wanted to try out a few brands that are less known. As many have mentioned in this thread that the only audiophile headphones that people know about are Sennheiser and Bose, I wish to change all that.

I also love to write reviews in as much detail as possible. Maybe if I get something hands-on to try out and review, I'll be very glad.

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #2,619 of 4,743
 I too loved those fidelio L2, X2 should be even better. Cheers, enjoy!!

Thanks Suman, I haven't yet gotten my hands on them yet as I've been traveling. Will finally get them tomorrow.

And good to see you're becoming a busy reviewer nowadays! Enjoy the q jays. Awaiting the review.

Cheers

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #2,620 of 4,743
Hey friends,

Greetings from Guwahati. I am Sunit and I take great interest in tech of all kind. I currently have TekFusion twinwoofers, JBL Tempo, FiiO E6 Fujiyama and an ASUS Xonar U7.

I always wanted to try out a few brands that are less known. As many have mentioned in this thread that the only audiophile headphones that people know about are Sennheiser and Bose, I wish to change all that.

I also love to write reviews in as much detail as possible. Maybe if I get something hands-on to try out and review, I'll be very glad.

Hello there,

Do try contacting hifinage and headphonezone websites. They should be able to help out.

Cheers

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #2,621 of 4,743
Thanks Suman, I haven't yet gotten my hands on them yet as I've been traveling. Will finally get them tomorrow.

And good to see you're becoming a busy reviewer nowadays! Enjoy the q jays. Awaiting the review.

Cheers

Thanks, do lets us know about the X2's impression.Cheers.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,623 of 4,743
 Thanks, do lets us know about the X2's impression.Cheers.

So here go the impressions straight out of the box, and up to an hour of non continuous use.

The first thing to strike was the bass impact and bass detail, in comparison to my Senn HD558. The bass tones stood independent of the other frequencies, which were pretty much neutral sounding.

Overall, first impressions have been really great indeed. The 300$ have been well spent, and the X2's seem to outperform many other cans I've listened to, many at higher price points.

Need more listening time to form detailed opinions; shall post soon.

Cheers

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,624 of 4,743
So here go the impressions straight out of the box, and up to an hour of non continuous use.

The first thing to strike was the bass impact and bass detail, in comparison to my Senn HD558. The bass tones stood independent of the other frequencies, which were pretty much neutral sounding.

Overall, first impressions have been really great indeed. The 300$ have been well spent, and the X2's seem to outperform many other cans I've listened to, many at higher price points.

Need more listening time to form detailed opinions; shall post soon.

Cheers

congrats on your purchase. 

when are you coming back? 

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #2,625 of 4,743
Hey everyone,

Thought to put my 2 cents here,

Have bought lot of good/bad/regretful/really good stuffs for past 6 years.

I recently received ibasso d14 from hk and aaw a3h from null audio

Pics of my d14

A3h pics

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724059/advanced-acousticwerkes-partners-with-null-audio-for-new-line-of-low-cost-ciems-including-hybrids/90#post_11929694

BTG audio cable which is on mail (single ended)

Will be getting pwaudio black icon pure silver balanced cable soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back