RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #226 of 505

Quote:

It happens to almost all SigmaTel 3770 /3780 based DAP. It is a very old firmware issue from SigmaTel that has never been fixed, I believe, but some player are better than other. It usually was triggered by odd music file properties such as large album art or file format and such. Not a RoCoo specific problem as I have seen from Teclast, Cube and a few other 3770/3780 based DAP.

So a good idea would be to run mp3 tag and remove all the jp image files in one sweep. Also make sure you have all the same tags and not mixed version combined into the same tag as that will cause issues as well.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #227 of 505
Spoke to Jack and he stated that there are two RoCoo P versions now. One that is the "less hiss" version and the original RoCoo P. He allowed me to return my replacement RoCoo P for the original RoCoo P which sounds much better in my opinion.

I'll update when I receive the original RoCoo P.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #228 of 505

Quote:
Spoke to Jack and he stated that there are two RoCoo P versions now. One that is the "less hiss" version and the original RoCoo P. He allowed me to return my replacement RoCoo P for the original RoCoo P which sounds much better in my opinion.

I'll update when I receive the original RoCoo P.

Two versions of RoCoo Power Edition? That might explain why people hear differently.
More questions are raised: Are they marked differently? Whose reviews and experiences can you rely on? Which version will fit your need? Which version will you get?

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #229 of 505
Wow! I thought it weird that my 2nd one came with old FW. This is making me happy it did. Both my units sound the same with updated FW.
normal_smile .gif
 One possible way to lower hiss would be to have more gain in the SOC and less in the amp stage or even not have an additional amp stage. Would definitely affect things.

I thought they were doing a quieter RoCoo-D standard and a more expensive, higher gain/power RoCoo-D Power. You can see them both on Ebay

I wonder if they just messed up and sent the wrong one. Did it have POWER as the last digits in the ser.#?

Anyway, glad you figured it out and they're making it right.

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #230 of 505
I'm no expert, but this is my take on it:

First off, can we be clear that the device is called the RoCoo D? In contrast to the earlier RoCoo A, B, and C? SolidVictory, you keep calling it the RoCoo P and I think that is causing some confusion. 

Within the RoCoo D product, there are two versions - standard and power edition. Standard should have less hiss, for use with sensitive IEMs. Power edition has more power, and unfortunately more hiss. The serial number towards the bottom right on the back of the player should have the word "power" to indicate the model (I haven't seen a standard but it should probably say "standard" or else just not say the word "power"). 

I realize that the way HiSound does things is a bit confusing. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #231 of 505

Quote:

Yep, they shouldn't keep changing their naming.

AFAIK, there were two RoCoo D from the beginning - the standard RoCoo D and the RoCoo D Power edition (which comes with a better amp section). When HiSound introduced the RoCoo D Power Edition to HF, they rename it to RoCoo P (though they still use the old name in China) - at least that is the story I know still SolidVictory said there is another version of RoCoo P now. A RoCoo P v2 perhaps?

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #233 of 505

Quote:
I'm no expert, but this is my take on it:

First off, can we be clear that the device is called the RoCoo D? In contrast to the earlier RoCoo A, B, and C? SolidVictory, you keep calling it the RoCoo P and I think that is causing some confusion. 

Within the RoCoo D product, there are two versions - standard and power edition. Standard should have less hiss, for use with sensitive IEMs. Power edition has more power, and unfortunately more hiss. The serial number towards the bottom right on the back of the player should have the word "power" to indicate the model (I haven't seen a standard but it should probably say "standard" or else just not say the word "power"). 

It said the word POWER on the serial as the RoCoo P that I had before. I realize that the naming they have going on over at HiSoundAudio is not that convenient. Yes, there should be one called the RoCoo D Standard and one called RoCoo D Power Version. What I have right now must be a RoCoo D that is incorrectly labelled as POWER on the back. I am replacing it with one that is an actual RoCoo D Power Version (which I had originally and this review is about).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back