Rocoo P and maching in ear phones
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sotiris

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

i would like to ask which IN EAR phones DYNAMIC are tha best match for RoCoo P. I have the JVC fx-700 and they sound terrible with it.

If prefer to buy used ones not new.

Thanks in advance

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 11
The sound that comes out its like a cheap earphone,horrible. I have D2 and Sansa Clip+  which sound superd with the fx-700.

For now i use the Pk2 which are just ok.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 11
Sotiris:  I'm considering buying a RoCoo P and wondered if you'd tried the firmware that goodvibes linked?  Also, have you noticed any hissing with your player?  I've Westone 2's and am worried about the possibility of hearing hiss.

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 11
Yes i have installed the new firmware. Yes the hiss exists , when the music is paused u can hear it a little. While playing i dont hear anything annoying. The weststone have high sensitivity and low impendance?

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for your answer, Sotiris.  According to Westone, the Westone 2 is rated at "Sensitivity: 117 dB SPL/mW @1kHz" and "Impedance: 33 ohms @1kHz", which mean nothing to me
rolleyes.gif
.  I've never noticed any hiss using mine with my laptop, my now dead Sony NW-HD 5, or my girlfriend's Sony NWZ-A818, and I've excellent hearing (at least in the sense of picking up ambient noise while not listening to music; that is, I can hear the dog barking next door despite the closed windows and the running air conditioner).  What's your overall opinion of the RoCoo P, not just sound quality but also UI, build quality, etc.?

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 11
The sound quality with my PK2 is super, specially the highs.... The interface is just horrible...No auto resume, tha buttons is hard to push, no lock ability, the navigation is horrible. it sucks... If it wasnot for the sound i would have thrown it. At 2012 its no excuse to have a such poor UI.Not recoment it.Also i have it 1 month ( i bought used  from another head fier ) and at the corners the stick starts to pill off just a little.

May 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #11 of 11
Hi

Interesting...I have had the RoCoo-P for a couple of weeks now and will state compared to Ipods (with LOD and Fiio E5 amp) the RoCoo knocks them out the park...BUT, the headphones maybe key, my old Sennheisers CX300-ii sounded a little harsh on the RoCoo, but my soundmagic E10's are sublime! this combo works brilliantly across the whole spectrum and opens up a soundstage that I simply could not get from Ipods. I bought it for the sound...I'm not interested in games, searching the net, facechump and all that, I can use a laptop for that. Hope this helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back