Rockbox Xduoo X3
Mar 17, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #1,456 of 2,617
If we are all happy with the work XVortex is doing, let's send some love his way for the man's hard work! Even a $5 donation will go a long way in saying thank you.

Where would we be without Rockbox on the X3? Stuck with a crap stripped down stock firmware with bugs.

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #1,457 of 2,617
  If we are all happy with the work XVortex is doing, let's send some love his way for the man's hard work! Even a $5 donation will go a long way in saying thank you.

Where would we be without Rockbox on the X3? Stuck with a crap stripped down stock firmware with bugs.

Totally agree with you. Done. 

Wish Rockbox was available for the X10 to get rid of the terrible clicks between numbers. X3 was saved through XVortex's great work !!

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,458 of 2,617
@XVortex, thank you soo much for all your hard work- I bought an X3 just for your Rockbox after my faithful Clip+ finally died!

I've just noticed on your latest release that when you browse themes it gives a Kernel Panic, have switched back to your previous release and no issues. Have tried different sized cards- any ideas?

Joe

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,459 of 2,617
  Wish Rockbox was available for the X10 to get rid of the terrible clicks between numbers. X3 was saved through XVortex's great work !!

The day RB is available for the X10 is the day I order one.

So on the clicking between tracks on the X10 - is there a pattern of some sort? Like when changing file types (mp3 to flac), changing between 44.1khz and 48khz, or is when switching between ALL tracks no matter what?

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,460 of 2,617

The day RB is available for the X10 is the day I order one.

So on the clicking between tracks on the X10 - is there a pattern of some sort? Like when changing file types (mp3 to flac), changing between 44.1khz and 48khz, or is when switching between ALL tracks no matter what?

Yep, it's between all tracks, no matter what. It's irritating me because I guess it could be resolved by Xduoo but they just don't seem to bother. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,461 of 2,617

Yep, it's between all tracks, no matter what. It's irritating me because I guess it could be resolved by Xduoo but they just don't seem to bother. 

Man that sucks. Good luck waiting on Xduoo to fix it in a firmware fix - that ship seems to sail shortly after they release a new model.

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #1,462 of 2,617

Man that sucks. Good luck waiting on Xduoo to fix it in a firmware fix - that ship seems to sail well before they release a new model.

FTFY
beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #1,463 of 2,617

Exactly! I never got around to asking him to fix Vorbis, but he did it--and far more. I sent him enough for a few beers to keep him fueled. :wink:

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #1,464 of 2,617
Hi.. Just tried a MP3 repair app called MP3VAL and its extremely simple to use and unbelievably fast.

http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/

Download this version for windows, unzip, run mp3val-frontend, add folder and repair all.

If it freezes then abort scan/repair remove file from list and start repair all again..

It also creates .bak files for the repaired files which you can delete if your happy with repair

I then used another app called mp3test to scan futher and then moved problem files to seperate folder.  

Just need to figure out repair now for the ones that MP3VAL missed

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,468 of 2,617
Lots of cool new things going on in this thread. FWIW, I have NEVER had RB crash on my X3, in over a year of daily use. I only use file browser mode to queue my music. I like my files arranged that way on my computer and DAP anyhow...so it is painless and intuitive. I've never had RB scan my SD card to create a database or whatever. Just browse to aptly named album folder...very easy. Maybe this is the reason for the fantastic stability I've seen.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,469 of 2,617
Lots of cool new things going on in this thread. FWIW, I have NEVER had RB crash on my X3, in over a year of daily use. I only use file browser mode to queue my music. I like my files arranged that way on my computer and DAP anyhow...so it is painless and intuitive. I've never had RB scan my SD card to create a database or whatever. Just browse to aptly named album folder...very easy. Maybe this is the reason for the fantastic stability I've seen.

I thought it creates the database automatically?

Like you, I only use the file browse method (to select music to play and to create/listen to playlists). Pretty consistently though, if I try to browse files too quickly after RB has booted up, it will freeze or crash with a PANIC error. I have to let it resume the last song it was playing, and wait about 1 minute before file browsing. Doing that causes no problems.

Out of curiosity, how many files do you have? And what is the formats (Flac, MP3, OGG, etc)?

I need to run the repair utilities posted recently & see if it finds anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back