Rockbox Xduoo X3
Mar 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,412 of 2,617
First of all, thank you for the updates again. However, I am currently experiencing some issues with the latest version. Sometimes, the song playback would suddenly stop and I would have to press on play again to get it to continue. Does anyone else experience this issue with the latest version?

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,413 of 2,617
  new build: c8882ac-170312
- battery has been benched and charge-discharge curves and estimated runtime has been computed (for "new" 2000 mAh battery);

What effect does this have on those with the original 1500mAh battery? If I manually set the battery capacity at the proper capacity in the settings (ie 1500), will it still reflect the old battery characteristics? Or are all of the capacity calculations now based on the current 2000mAh battery (ie setting the capacity to 1000mAh, for example, will have it's runtime based on 1/2 of the benched 2000mAh's baseline if that makes sense)?

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #1,415 of 2,617
First of all, thank you for the updates again. However, I am currently experiencing some issues with the latest version. Sometimes, the song playback would suddenly stop and I would have to press on play again to get it to continue. Does anyone else experience this issue with the latest version?

I haven't experienced this, but maybe try turning off 'pause on headphone unplugged' in Playback Settings.

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,416 of 2,617
  My X3 no longer boots into original firmware. I can't reload the bootloader because it's not recognized by the pc when plugged in with lock on, and with lock off it boots into Rockbox. I've seen others mention this problem but haven't seen a solution. Has anyone recovered from this?

When booting with lock on I get the original welcome screen and it hangs. Reset has no effect and reset with lock off is required to reboot into Rockbox.

I've successfully recovered the player on Win7 64 using Xvortex's tools and methods for the original manual installation of Rockbox on his site, utilizing the recovery mode of the player. A PITA process mostly due to Windows schizophrenic way of dealing with drivers (claiming the driver is working properly while not recognizing the device that uses that driver). Once I got the driver situation handled everything else went smoothly.

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,419 of 2,617
And I said, cfg and wps themes do not work
confused_face.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,420 of 2,617
Good news X3 users!

I have verified that 256GB sdxc cards work!

I am currently listening to all of my music located on a single Samsung EVO Select sdxc card.

Obviously, you must format to FAT32 w/4k blocks using a utility such as guiformat (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm) etc. After formatting the Samsung 256GB card with guiformat, you have a whopping 238GB of usable space.

Beware of fake cards though - large (expensive) cards are ripe targets for the small capacity fake-formatted cards, so you should only buy from a trusted source. Many of the Samsung fakes are now being produced IN the Samsung factory!

ALL flash devices (cards, sticks, etc) should be tested using H2testw (https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539) before use. This not only identifies fake cards, but is an excellent way to test the entire flash drive for defects. I have caught many brand-new but defective (genuine not fake) flash drives/cards over the years, by testing them immediately after purchase using H2testw. Then, I'm able to exchange for another with no questions asked. Otherwise, years could have gone by before I ever detected the defect via normal use, potentially resulting in lost data and/or being outside of warranty and SOL.

I bought mine from Amazon (sold & shipped by Amazon not a 3rd party). Linky dinky: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G7L03OS/

These EVO Select cards have a 10-year warranty, a 95Mb/s read speed, and an insane 90Mb/s WRITE speed! It took a ridiculously short amount of time to consolidate the files from BOTH of my 128GB cards to the ONE 256GB card!

Even though the current price on the card has come down 1/3 from it's original price, due to cost I'm currently using the 256GB card + one of the old 128GB cards. But once the price comes down or it's on sale (Cyber Monday etc) I'm definitely picking up another 256GB card though. Then I won't be worrying about space for quite some time 
wink_face.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,421 of 2,617
  And I said, cfg and wps themes do not work
confused_face.gif

Are your .cfg files in the root directory of MicroSD 1? Also, are you using wps themes for the Sansa Clip+? Of those themes, Hi-Fi works best for me, though I do increase the font size a bit. Make sure the theme .zip file is unzipping properly--I once unzipped it into the .rockbox folder instead of the root of the card, and it took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working.

I just updated to the newest build, and my player picked up right where it left off--configuration, even playlist control acted like nothing had changed. I just have to get used to the new Back/Option button mapping. :D

All else failing, you could go the Aliens route: "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure." :wink:
Delete the .rockbox folder, then unzip the rockbox-full-c8882ac-170312.zip [NEW] file into the root of the card and start fresh.

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,422 of 2,617

Not for the moment, but I have used the latest version for about two hours, I will let you know if I have the same problem with my FLAC files, I have encountered no problem using this firmware.

Thanks again XVortex for this really good implementation of Rockbox.

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,423 of 2,617
  Good news X3 users!

I have verified that 256GB sdxc cards work!

I am currently listening to all of my music located on a single Samsung EVO Select sdxc card.

Obviously, you must format to FAT32 w/4k blocks using a utility such as guiformat (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm) etc. After formatting the Samsung 256GB card with guiformat, you have a whopping 238GB of usable space.

Beware of fake cards though - large (expensive) cards are ripe targets for the small capacity fake-formatted cards, so you should only buy from a trusted source. Many of the Samsung fakes are now being produced IN the Samsung factory!

ALL flash devices (cards, sticks, etc) should be tested using H2testw (https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539) before use. This not only identifies fake cards, but is an excellent way to test the entire flash drive for defects. I have caught many brand-new but defective (genuine not fake) flash drives/cards over the years, by testing them immediately after purchase using H2testw. Then, I'm able to exchange for another with no questions asked. Otherwise, years could have gone by before I ever detected the defect via normal use, potentially resulting in lost data and/or being outside of warranty and SOL.

I bought mine from Amazon (sold & shipped by Amazon not a 3rd party). Linky dinky: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G7L03OS/

These EVO Select cards have a 10-year warranty, a 95Mb/s read speed, and an insane 90Mb/s WRITE speed! It took a ridiculously short amount of time to consolidate the files from BOTH of my 128GB cards to the ONE 256GB card!

Even though the current price on the card has come down 1/3 from it's original price, due to cost I'm currently using the 256GB card + one of the old 128GB cards. But once the price comes down or it's on sale (Cyber Monday etc) I'm definitely picking up another 256GB card though. Then I won't be worrying about space for quite some time 
wink_face.gif

Great to know!  Waiting for a bit of a price drop though, since 200GB cards cost half the current price.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,425 of 2,617
  Great to know!  Waiting for a bit of a price drop though, since 200GB cards cost half the current price.

I thought about that, but I saw myself filling up the 200GB cards almost as easily as I filled up the 128GB cards. It was a chunk of change though, but I think we'll have to wait 3-4 years before the prices of the 256GB cards come down to the $80 the Sandisk 200GB is priced at. I think a lot of the price of the Samsung is due to the crazy fast flash they use, the 10-year warranty, and lack of 256Gb competitors. If they knocked it down to the standard speed flash, ad the warranty down to 3 or 5-year, they could have cut the cost in half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back