Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 5, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,261 of 1,316

Source code's at rockbox.org. Some patches are in gerrit.

Thank you very much napka
Firmware update to DX90 firmware v2.5.1 L3, the new feature is very useful: the folder can be directly added to the play list, you can also support the ISO file.
I hope you can double-click to start the firmware update

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #1,262 of 1,316
Please tell me they fixed the bugs from the last build. I've been on 2.4.0 for a while now, the latter builds broke more than they fixed for me. fingers crossed.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #1,272 of 1,316
  I updated my DX90 with L3 and it is perfect. Thanks!!!

I just got a DX90 so naturally I'm curious about the advantages of Rockbox and Lurker's firmware over stock.

I'm still using 2.2.0. If I Update with this L3 it will automatically install both Lurker's and Rockbox and dual boot??

Forgive my ignorance but new DX90 user. Cheers.

Edit: Never mind, read the instructions - I'm lazy. Installed without any dramas. Many thanks to all you hard working modders out there - appreciate your work.
beerchug.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,273 of 1,316
I am just catching up with this thread since my last posts some time ago around August 2015, including some useful conversations with Cholero.  Since then, I have happily been using my DX90 with Napcha's dual boot loader - the 9 June 2015 current version of Rockbox and Mango (pretty sure it was version 2.3.0 + L1 dated 1 July 2015).  I have got used to Rockbox and have sometimes use it and sometimes Mango.  I have read through many of the recent posts in this thread in the past few months but am unclear what the main benefits are for the newer versions, particularly v2.4.0 and v2.5.1.  Is it worth me upgrading my dual boot loader to the January 2016 "Cholero" versions 2.4.0 currently showing on napcha's site (Mango only or dual boot loader?) or is the version v2.5.1 L3 that was mentioned in post number 1261 (Yong Xu) the best version to upgrade to?  Also  I cannot see v2.5.1 L3  on napcha's site yet.

And if I do upgrade to one of the newer modded versions above, I assume that I do not also have to reinstall Rockbox (which is currently on the dx90 internal drive), as that version back in June 2015 does not seem to have been updated.  If I am correct, then based on the instructions on napcha's website, it seems that all I have to do is leave the rockbox folder as it is (already installed) on the internal storage, and separately upgrade Mango by downloading the update.img from the newer version 2.4.0 or 2.5.1 of the dual loader, and install it using the "overwrite" option.

Sorry if the answers to my questions are already in this thread but since I installed the dual boot loader last year, there seems to have been quite a few different new versions (Napcha's site, stock firmware v2.4.0 and v2.5.1, and Lurker's site), and it has become a bit confusing what the main benefits of each one is, or whether I should actually stick with version 2.3.0 + L1/Rockbox dual boot loader.

Thanks very much.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,274 of 1,316
  Since then, I have happily been using my DX90 with Napcha's dual boot loader - the 9 June 2015 current version of Rockbox and Mango (pretty sure it was version 2.3.0 + L1 dated 1 July 2015).  I have got used to Rockbox and have sometimes use it and sometimes Mango.  I have read through many of the recent posts in this thread in the past few months but am unclear what the main benefits are for the newer versions, particularly v2.4.0 and v2.5.1.  Is it worth me upgrading my dual boot loader to the January 2016 "Cholero" versions 2.4.0 currently showing on napcha's site (Mango only or dual boot loader?) or is the version v2.5.1 L3 that was mentioned in post number 1261 (Yong Xu) the best version to upgrade to?  Also  I cannot see v2.5.1 L3  on napcha's site yet.

And if I do upgrade to one of the newer modded versions above, I assume that I do not also have to reinstall Rockbox (which is currently on the dx90 internal drive), as that version back in June 2015 does not seem to have been updated.  If I am correct, then based on the instructions on napcha's website, it seems that all I have to do is leave the rockbox folder as it is (already installed) on the internal storage, and separately upgrade Mango by downloading the update.img from the newer version 2.4.0 or 2.5.1 of the dual loader, and install it using the "overwrite" option.

Added latest FW made by @cholero to napych.com.
@jongroove, you can upgrade firmware any time using mango software update. It doesn't affect Rockbox. Rockbox is stored on your player in .rockbox folder as files. Only one thing related to rockbox in modified firmware is boot loader. So upgrading and downgrading firmware doesn't affect your Rockbox.

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,275 of 1,316
Thank you very much @napka I thought that might be the answer but wanted to be sure.  I hope it didn't sound like I was rushing you to put @cholero version 2.5.1 +L3 on your site!  I was just curious and am very grateful for you putting it there now thanks.  So, please can anyone confirm is version 2.5.1 + L3 now the recommended FW version to use, or would 2.4.0 + L0 be OK too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back