Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #496 of 1,316
  I'll take 15 back, got too carried away. It could be ten years thou, got my DAP as soon as they hit the market and I remember going thru fair bit of rockbox daily builds. It was buggy at first, but still far better than iRiver FW. That was rather primitive compared to Rockbox.

Were you guys on misticriver forums?

Hasn't mistic river been gone for a long time? I used to enjoy going there and there was much to learn but then the site went away, that was a few years ago. 

Oct 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #497 of 1,316
New build available for download

Google Drive
Rockbox_DX90_1_2_0.zip

Mega
Rockbox_DX90_1_2_0.zip

Change log
05/10/2014 - fft plugin is working again.
                   - plugin memory size has been increased 2x the default size.
                   - minor adjustment to pcm buffering
                   - All plugins has been compiled and running. Some plugins (e.g. pacbox) requires additional files that needs to placed in the /sdcard/rockbox folder. For more details about plugins refer to the rockbox manual (http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo.pdf)

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #499 of 1,316
Anyway, I think it is better to have your theme pack not include directly in the rockbox release package. Because some people (like me) use personal customized themes which are different than the versions present in your pack.

But just my personal taste, not a big deal ^_^'

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #500 of 1,316
  Anyway, I think it is better to have your theme pack not include directly in the rockbox release package. Because some people (like me) use personal customized themes which are different than the versions present in your pack.

But just my personal taste, not a big deal ^_^'

That's fine, the themes you drop in the rockbox folder will take over and ignore the ones bundled in the build.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #501 of 1,316
Oct 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #503 of 1,316
  It basically is version 1.1 from the first post. The only difference is the slightly modified AAFreak theme.
The version you included was 1.0.

ic, I must have included the AAFreak wps only and not the whole theme. I actually use the cabbie2 theme with the AAFreak wps and Terminus font.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #504 of 1,316

ic, I must have included the AAFreak wps only and not the whole theme. I actually use the cabbie2 theme with the AAFreak wps and Terminus font.

There is only a wps for AAFreak. I simply meant that there are no changes to my theme collection (v.1.1) apart from the AAFreak wps that I modified for you. So there is no need to update the first post. :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #505 of 1,316
Can I ask why the Lurker firmware .img file you  provide in your first post differs in size from Lurkers own upload? Your Lurker 2.1 .img file is 228mb while Lurker's own upload is 163mb, both extracted as .img files. Have you further modified Lurkers firmware in some way?

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #506 of 1,316
Can I ask why the Lurker firmware .img file you  provide in your first post differs in size from Lurkers own upload? Your Lurker 2.1 .img file is 228mb while Lurker's own upload is 163mb, both extracted as .img files. Have you further modified Lurkers firmware in some way?

It is patched with the launcher. I also increased the storage allocation of the system.img(inside the update.img). That is to accomodate the rockbox files when it's still included in the img file. Now that it's no longer included and the launcher is just very small, the img file is still bigger because it still has bigger empty space allocated in the img file.

Do not pay attention to the size of the update.img file. It doesn't tell you exactly if there was anything changed or if files added or removed. The simple act of extracting and re-packaging the update.img file will change the image size a bit without changing anything.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #508 of 1,316

Finally, after trying out most of the font with size 18..only 18-fixed displays the Chinese text .. but not sure about Japanese text..

but one thing for sure.. the WPS screen still shows the weird characters for the Chinese text..

rgds

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #509 of 1,316
Guys,

I've read somewhere a while ago that there is VU meter plugin or app available for rockbox. Does anybody know more about it?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back