Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #316 of 1,316
Flashed newest firmware and did a factory reset but still can't get DB to fully build in Rockbox even though it does fully build in Mango. Any idea how to fix this?

1. Make sure Rockbox only scans your SDCard (/mnt/external_sd)

2. In settings, the option "Gather Runtime Data" is set to "NO"

Both of them are in Settings -> General Settings -> Database.

If it's still not building, clear the contents of the rockbox folder in the DX90's internal storage.

If all else failed, there there is a file/s rockbox is unable to read in your SDCard.

#1 worked for me. I thought I'd enabled this before but hadn't. Got it right this time and DB built quickly. Thanks for you help!

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #318 of 1,316
I don't really use eq, can anyone comment on the change (upgrade I presume) in SQ with Rockbox vs stock? Thanks!

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #321 of 1,316

Hmmm. Hold switch does not deactivate LCD. LCD on, I switch button - LCD still ativated. Nothing happens.

What exactly do you when when backlight is off?  You should not see anything on the screen. That is the screen should be blank.

If not you have set a timeout period in seconds from the display settings. If you set it to "on" it will not turn off ever. the hold switch when switched on will only deactivate the touchscreen, meaning it will not respond to any touch commands (e.g. scrolling, or clicking). Turning off the hold switch (sliding it down) will activate the touchscreen and turn on the LCD/backlight if it is off.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #322 of 1,316
I don't really use eq, can anyone comment on the change (upgrade I presume) in SQ with Rockbox vs stock? Thanks!

I encourage you to compare it yourself. Many arguments and opinions can be made or already been discussed on other forums. But at the end of the day, only you can decide which is best for your own experience. 

My personal experience with stock vs rockbox is I get more neutral response overall with Rockbox. The stock player still has a little emphasis on the low end. 

Functionality wise, rockbox has a lot to offer than the stock. Of course, more option makes thing a bit complicated so there is a learning curve using rockbox compared to the simple GUI the stock player offers.

Also if you believe 24bit has an audible difference vs 16 bit format then probably rockbox is not for you. Rockbox will resample all 24 bit files to 16/44 on playback.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #323 of 1,316

What exactly do you when when backlight is off?  You should not see anything on the screen. That is the screen should be blank.

If not you have set a timeout period in seconds from the display settings. If you set it to "on" it will not turn off ever. the hold switch when switched on will only deactivate the touchscreen, meaning it will not respond to any touch commands (e.g. scrolling, or clicking). Turning off the hold switch (sliding it down) will activate the touchscreen and turn on the LCD/backlight if it is off.

My settings for "backlight of Hold" - Off.
When I switch hold button to the top - LCD is still active. But if I press any button, for example "play", it will blank.
But it's not completely blank, in good light i can barely see that the screen is not completely turned off and just dimmed, and there still can be seen "play" screen.

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #324 of 1,316

My settings for "backlight of Hold" - Off.
When I switch hold button to the top - LCD is still active. But if I press any button, for example "play", it will blank.
But it's not completely blank, in good light i can barely see that the screen is not completely turned off and just dimmed, and there still can be seen "play" screen.

Don't set it to "off" yet. You should set a timer. Say 2s. In the next release the 3 "backlight on hold" options (on, off, timer) will be fully supported.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #325 of 1,316
  I made a compilation of the best (imo) rockbox themes and modified them, so they work properly on the DX50/90 and look nice as well. I also optimized some of them for "absolute point" touchscreen mode. I included over 30 themes.

Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hr8dwu

Please make sure to read the readme file inside the zip archive. Enjoy!

I've modified Cabbie theme for DX90 and made nice WPS and fonts for it, you may like it, take a look at post #237
Edit: fixed broken link (dropbox :-/)

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #326 of 1,316
New build now available for download.

Rockbox_DX90_0_3_0.zip

Change log
31/08/2014 - Further tweaks with memory usage, thread priority and buffering. Improves handling and delays with very long playlist.
       - The setting “First Buttonpress Enables Backlight only” when set to “Yes” will respond to all hardware buttons not just the Power button. If set to “No” the backlight remains off but will respond to touch commands.
       - The “backlight on hold” setting when set to “off” will now immediately turn off the backlight when the hold switch is activated.
       - New option “Off + Buttons disabled” under “backlight on hold” settings. When selected, activating the hold button ignores both touchscreen and hardware buttons. (Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd and Volume buttons)
       - New option “Buttons disabled, Backlight on” under “backlight on hold” settings. When selected, activating the hold button keeps the backlight on but ignores both touchscreen and hardware buttons. (Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd and Volume buttons)     

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #327 of 1,316
I have bug in 0.2.9.
In my theme I have:
# Track # of #
%V(46,154,52,15,7)%Vf(949494)
%ac%?Sr<%pe %Sx(of) %pp|%pp %Sx(of) %pe>
In version 0.2.2 this write on screen: 1 of 12
In version 0.2.9 this write on screen: 1 Base S
(there is maybe more letters, but are out of setting space).
This is on all albums I have.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #328 of 1,316
Originally Posted by Wishmasterx View Post

I have bug in 0.2.9.

In my theme I have:

In version 0.2.2 this write on screen: 1 of 12
In version 0.2.9 this write on screen: 1 Base S
(there is maybe more letters, but are out of setting space).
This is on all albums I have.

Which theme is this? Is it a non-english theme? Does it happen on other themes?

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #329 of 1,316
Same here, doesn't matter which language I choose. "Now playing" shows also name of current theme - "base skin", near track number. I'm using standard theme.

Also menus names are different than before, few new strange options showed up in main menu, like "recursively insert directories" (which shows "new keyboard") or "glyphs to cache". Themes is "colors", and in settings there is some <untagged> options. Whole system looks more chaotic.

I've tried reinstall it twice, no changes. But Rockbox seems faster.

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #330 of 1,316
  I have bug in 0.2.9.
In my theme I have:

Same here, doesn't matter which language I choose. "Now playing" shows also name of current theme - "base skin", near track number. I'm using standard theme.

Also menus names are different than before, few new strange options showed up in main menu, like "recursively insert directories" (which shows "new keyboard") or "glyphs to cache". Themes is "colors", and in settings there is some <untagged> options. Whole system looks more chaotic.

I've tried reinstall it twice, no changes. But Rockbox seems faster.

Could you try this build. Thanks

Rockbox_DX90_0_3_0.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back