Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 1,316
If anyone is interested to test drive Rockbox on DX90 with the prev button still not functional, I can release it tonight. Like in DX50, it will be a dual-boot with menu on start up between Mango and Rockbox.

Everything else is working properly except the prev button. I've been listening with Rockbox for 2 days now and I have not gotten any playback issues yet. CWM recovery will not be available so if you want to add themes you will have to do it using adb.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 1,316
If anyone is interested to test drive Rockbox on DX90 with the prev button still not functional, I can release it tonight. Like in DX50, it will be a dual-boot with menu on start up between Mango and Rockbox.

Everything else is working properly except the prev button. I've been listening with Rockbox for 2 days now and I have not gotten any playback issues yet. CWM recovery will not be available so if you want to add themes you will have to do it using adb.

I might give it a try tomorrow night if you post it.  However, one request.  Could you please post step-by-step installation instructions for those of us who are not Android programmers? 

You could probably cut & paste one of the installation instructions from the DX50 thread, but I would strongly suggest putting it in the main post in this thread so it's easy to find.  IMO, the lack of clear (and easily findable) instructions is the main reason so many remain reluctant to try Rockbox on their DX50. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #19 of 1,316
Thanks for the great work. Previous button is useless anyway, even with OFW. When in shuffle mode, it takes back to a different track, not the last played.

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #21 of 1,316
Ilia, has been very helpful. So is Cholero who has contributed along the way. Of course, we can't expect him to devote his time since he has a full time job and can be very busy. he does not even have DX90 on hand.

Even I can only give around 2 hours a night working on this. I'm getting pretty much help as needed. So I'm confident we can nail it soon. I'll prepare a working update.img and will post it tonight. It should not be different as updating a regular iBasso FW.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #23 of 1,316
Headwhacker, can I ask which firmware version will mango be based on?

Cheers

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #28 of 1,316

I am using a Mac, Will you be able to switch back just by using the ibasso FW image file without using the Rbatch tool that us only available for windows users?

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #29 of 1,316
Good news. After ruining my source and had to rebuild it twice. I finally able to create a working image. Installation should be similar to a stock firmware.

Here's the download link

Mega

Complete instructions and details are updated in the first page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back