Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #272 of 1,316
please help me !! i have just got my dx90 today and have just installed the latest version of rockbox at the start of this thread. i followed the instructions and installed the firmware then went into mango and did the factory reset. since then my pc will not recognise my dx90. i have it plugged into the pc and nothing it is not showing up !! the first time i plugged it in since the update it tried load the driver and failed....now i can't do anything with the player ...HELP !!!

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #273 of 1,316
  please help me !! i have just got my dx90 today and have just installed the latest version of rockbox at the start of this thread. i followed the instructions and installed the firmware then went into mango and did the factory reset. since then my pc will not recognise my dx90. i have it plugged into the pc and nothing it is not showing up !! the first time i plugged it in since the update it tried load the driver and failed....now i can't do anything with the player ...HELP !!!

Did you check, if "Settings -> USB-Settings" is set to "Storage" mode? It might be, that after installing the img file this is automatically set to "Charge Only"

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #277 of 1,316
  I made a compilation of the best (imo) rockbox themes and modified them, so they work properly on the DX50/90 and look nice as well. I also optimized some of them for "absolute point" touchscreen mode. I included over 30 themes.

Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hr8dwu

Please make sure to read the readme file inside the zip archive. Enjoy!

Nice one, I'll put a link on the first page so others can see and get it it easily.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #283 of 1,316
Beautiful, all we need now is working battery level indicator:)

What do you mean? My battery indicator goes from 100 to 0. At 0%, it still runs a couple of minutes before it totally shuts down. It reaches somewhere between 6.5 to 7 hours of battery life on full charge with the stock battery.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #284 of 1,316
  Unfortunately the settings still reverts to default on my device.
I also noticed that it can take several minutes for rockbox to apply EQ settings.

Does your settings revert every time you reboot? I only increase the delay launching rockbox to make sure the /mnt/sdcard partition is completely accessible where the personalized settings are being read. 

I haven't play with the full EQ yet and I seldom use it. What about the simple bass and treble settings? Does it take similarly long for changes to take effect like the full EQ?

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #285 of 1,316
What do you mean? My battery indicator goes from 100 to 0. At 0%, it still runs a couple of minutes before it totally shuts down. It reaches somewhere between 6.5 to 7 hours of battery life on full charge with the stock battery.

The battery indicator on my DX90 decreases with use on Mango. Haven't tested with the current build, but with older builds of Rockbox it just hangs out between 90-100% and never goes below that no matter how long I've used it. However, if I boot back into Mango the battery indicator shows depletion correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back