Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #211 of 1,316
Is it just me? Had Lurkers version flashed before, then I flashed Rockbox and did a Facotry Reset on Mango.Rockbox couldnt scan my SD Card, it just gots stuck at 800 and something songs... and I couldnt find it when browsing files...where is my music? :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #212 of 1,316
  Is it just me? Had Lurkers version flashed before, then I flashed Rockbox and did a Facotry Reset on Mango.Rockbox couldnt scan my SD Card, it just gots stuck at 800 and something songs... and I couldnt find it when browsing files...where is my music? :)

Should be in /mnt/external_sd

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #214 of 1,316
Have you considered mapping the lock button to turn off the screen like the iPod Classic or make it an option?

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #215 of 1,316

Funny thing is iBasso use  Andoid as their base for the FW. But stripped it down to the point that it's just a Linux with native audio drivers/codec and their own player (Mango).

Ironically Ilia (the author who ported rockbox to DX50), did the same thing. Used the Android target from Rockbox's git repository and strip it down some as well and use tinyalsa instead of alsa. From the looks of it is a straightforward pcm data being read from a file and written/sent directly to the DAC without extra sauce in between.

The more I look at the source the more it becomes interesting. Like you mentioned, I also think enabling 24-bit is just as easy as changing the format variable. Or not.

I will give it a try and see what happens.

The last step of the DSP engine in rockbox converts from 32 bit to 16 bit.  See sample_output_stereo in lib / rbcodec / dsp / dsp_sample_output.c (assuming you haven't hacked around that).  You'd have to add support for 24 bit there, and then flip the device into 24 bit mode (i'm assuming it can).  

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #216 of 1,316
The last step of the DSP engine in rockbox converts from 32 bit to 16 bit.  See sample_output_stereo in [COLOR=880000]lib[/COLOR] / [COLOR=880000]rbcodec[/COLOR] / [COLOR=880000]dsp[/COLOR] / [COLOR=880000]dsp_sample_output.c[/COLOR] (assuming you haven't hacked around that).  You'd have to add support for 24 bit there, and then flip the device into 24 bit mode (i'm assuming it can).  

Thanks, I know I'm close coz my search last night lead me looking at the codes in the rbcodec folder.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #220 of 1,316
New build ready for download

Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2.zip

Change log
03/08/2014 - Fixed touchscreen scrolling performance issue when music is playing.
                   - New boot selector switch using the hold switch.

How to use the new boot selector switch.

1. Turn off/Shutdown DX90.

2. Put the hold switch to on position. (Slide the switch up to activate hold)

3. Reboot

4. The boot selector screen menu will appear. Choose Mango(DX90’s default player) or Rockbox by touching their icons on the screen. Or you can press the prev (<<) button to select Mango and fwd (>>) button to select Rockbox.

5. Slide down the hold button to turn it off. It will boot to the same OS without asking on next reboot unless the hold button switch is on.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #222 of 1,316

New build ready for download

Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2.zip

Change log
03/08/2014 - Fixed touchscreen scrolling performance issue when music is playing.
                   - New boot selector switch using the hold switch.

I didn't want to nag, I just wasn't sure if it's a bug or if it's on my side only...
It's working fine now. I also love the new solution for the bootscreen. Thanks again for the effort. Very much appreciated! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #224 of 1,316
  Have you considered mapping the lock button to turn off the screen like the iPod Classic or make it an option?

Nice idea, but it will break some themes which displays different information on screen when lock button is on and off like CentreArt. :)

Workaround is just to set the backlight timer shorter. The option is not accurate as displayed but I set mine at 3 seconds. It works fine imo.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #225 of 1,316

I didn't want to nag, I just wasn't sure if it's a bug or if it's on my side only...
It's working fine now. I also love the new solution for the bootscreen. Thanks again for the effort. Very much appreciated! 
beerchug.gif

no worries mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back