Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #903 of 2,020
I am still confused on installing themes on the iBasso DX50. I am using a Mac and I have extracted the .rockbox folder and then put it in the root of my SD card. When I go to Rockbox and look under themes, I don't see anything but the stock Rockbox theme. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Rockbox sees my music folder on my SD card just fine, but it doesn't seem to be seeing the .rockbox theme folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind. I finally figured it out. Had to reinstall Rockbox with the themes already in the zip file.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #904 of 2,020
I am still confused on installing themes on the iBasso DX50. I am using a Mac and I have extracted the .rockbox folder and then put it in the root of my SD card. When I go to Rockbox and look under themes, I don't see anything but the stock Rockbox theme. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Rockbox sees my music folder on my SD card just fine, but it doesn't seem to be seeing the .rockbox theme folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I havent tried installing themes after installing rockbox, but i did inject themes in the rockbox cwm zip before installing it, then i installed the zip through cwm and the themes are working ok, but takecare that some themes need to install files to other folders than the themes folder, like wps folder.

So you can try to inject to the zip file , then install it.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #905 of 2,020
I havent tried installing themes after installing rockbox, but i did inject themes in the rockbox cwm zip before installing it, then i installed the zip through cwm and the themes are working ok, but takecare that some themes need to install files to other folders than the themes folder, like wps folder.

So you can try to inject to the zip file , then install it.

Thanks. Yeah, I must have edited my post above right before you posted. I had figured it out and got it working. Now I just need to learn how to make my way around this thing. There are options galore. Right now I just want to get my browse by Album/Artist/etc.. figured out. I believe I have to initialize the database first, but that's taking a while. I am trying to find a Rockbox manual for the iBasso DX50, but there doesn't seem to be one.

EDIT: OK, I have my music in a folder on my root SD drive called Music, but when I scan the database I just get that window that says: Building database... 900 found (OFF to return), but then nothing ever happens no matter how long I wait. I have gone to the database and selected the folder to scan, but then I get this same thing happening. From what I understand I should be getting prompted to reboot after selecting the directories to scan, but that doesn't happen.

What am I doing wrong here?

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #907 of 2,020
hi guys,

maybe I missed the info while going through the posts, but what exactly do I have to do now to update to 1.50...
I have 1.28 and Rockbox installed, can I somehow just update mango?

I read rb is working properly with 1.50 if I manage to update, but mango does not?

THX

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #908 of 2,020
  Hi, thanks for your work. I have a question, I would love to have your single boot Rockbox version but I thought I needed mango to be able to connect my USB?
What happens in this case if you do not have the dual boot? Thanks again

USB DAC function you wont have but internal storage and sd card you will be able to access as mass storage with rb only (this is a system feature, RB and Mango are only apps).

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #910 of 2,020
oh yes, that is something i dont like too. I will take a look at how it works (if it is controlled by rockbox) when I'm back from holidays (2 weeks of no head-fi
normal_smile .gif
).
I guess there is a relay after the output capacitors. This lets the output capacitors charge over the internal resistor not over your headphones when power is switched on (when no music is playing, output be ~4.5V not 0V, thats why we need output caps). If we don't wait long enough, it is not entirely charged and you hear a pop.

schematlic looks maybe something like this:

If the relay is controlled by kernel, maybe we can't do anything. Maybe also a hardware mod is possible, if the relay has a NC contact, this contact could be used to charge the cap in the time between power on and sound-initialization.

I will take a look at this but cant promise to be able to do something.

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #911 of 2,020
Excellent, thank you. Do you think there will be a way to silence the output long enough to avoid hearing the loud click? Always have to make sure I leave my headphones off long enough to miss it...

I've noticed this too, though haven't thought too much of it. Is there a chance it could be damaging my head phones? Or is that only a concern if using really sensitive IEMs?

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #912 of 2,020
  Sorry for the late answer
put them on your internal drive (DX50) in the folder rockbox
For the android port there are two places where rockbx is stored, once on the  /system partition and once on the /mnt/sdcard (which is actually the internal storage not the sdcard)
on /mnt/sdcard there are only the files you have different from the the originals on the readonly system partition. The system partition stays untouched. All config files and database are written to sdcard. So please also put the themes there, similar like you did it with the zip file.

good luck

Just to clarify, do you unzip the themes and put the ".rockbox" folder into the rockbox folder on the DX50 internal drive, or just put the .zip into the folder. I am having trouble doing it this way.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #914 of 2,020
The content of the .rockbox folder go the rockbox folder of your internal drive.
Sorry, forgot to mention this important detail.

This is the key point: ".rockbox" becomes "rockbox" on the DX50, i.e. no "."

Thanks for pointing out this great way of managing themes on the DX50. It beats the snot out of zipping them into every new update.

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #915 of 2,020
What version of Rockbox is the new build? Are there any significant differences between this one and the previous version? I use rockbox exclusively on my DX50, so don't feel any pressing need to upgrade, but would like to know if I'm missing anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back