Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 1, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #886 of 2,020

Ok I will do the builds. I'm still on 1.2.8, so I will first have to update and see if everything works with 1.5.0. I will do 2 zips, one with rockbox only and one with dualboot.
If you are on 1.2.8 and want to try my current build (rockbox only) get it here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/4f195m !!only tested with 1.2.8 and no dualboot!!

Better don't try. It should only work with the older rockbox build (2014-03-25) and maybe not even with the new FW 1.5.0.  But I will make a rockbox only zip.

Thanks for the information but I will not include any additional themes to the zip. Please put all themes to the internal storage (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox/....). They will stay there even after a rockbox-update!
Otherwise I would first include my theme which is the absolute best and coolest and most stylish theme an iBasso has ever seen
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
 : http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2166&target=cowond2 

cheers, cholero

edit: all credits for the port go to xzcc! he did a lot of work.

Thanks! I will have to check out the coolest theme ever...  :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #887 of 2,020
Thanks a bunch cholero! I look forward to the new builds! And thanks for the theme cooperpwc! I love the community support around this DAP and rockbox.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #889 of 2,020

Yes, check it out. But I hope you know that I was kidding and that I just won't include themes because it does not make sense because as soon as you put a theme to your sd-card, all internal themes disappear in the theme selector. Only to show that themes are a matter of taste I was calling my theme the "best". Even if it would make sense to include themes, everyone would have different needs.
I find original cabbbiev2 not a very good theme to give a professional impression to first time users but the theme is there for every (?) rockbox target (screen resolution).

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #890 of 2,020
Thanks a bunch cholero! I look forward to the new builds! And thanks for the theme cooperpwc! I love the community support around this DAP and rockbox.

The Hi-Fi Players are maybe a strong part in the future of rockbox. Sales of DAP are going down and with it the interest in rockbox, but there are we, who are not satisfied with the sound of the mobile phones and there is the new market of affordable Hi-Fi Players...

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #891 of 2,020

Yes, check it out. But I hope you know that I was kidding and that I just won't include themes because it does not make sense because as soon as you put a theme to your sd-card, all internal themes disappear in the theme selector. Only to show that themes are a matter of taste I was calling my theme the "best". Even if it would make sense to include themes, everyone would have different needs.
I find original cabbbiev2 not a very good theme to give a professional impression to first time users but the theme is there for every (?) rockbox target (screen resolution).

Where on the SD card do you put the theme to have it recognized? I've been copying them into the rockbox zip before I flash, but if there is an easier way I would love to do it that way.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #892 of 2,020
Sorry for the late answer
put them on your internal drive (DX50) in the folder rockbox
For the android port there are two places where rockbx is stored, once on the  /system partition and once on the /mnt/sdcard (which is actually the internal storage not the sdcard)
on /mnt/sdcard there are only the files you have different from the the originals on the readonly system partition. The system partition stays untouched. All config files and database are written to sdcard. So please also put the themes there, similar like you did it with the zip file.

good luck

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #894 of 2,020
Here is the promised build, (a bit) tested on 1.5.0.
This build is based on xvcc's sources and has only a very small mod. If I manage to optimise the mod, xvcc will maybe accept it to his sources.

Differences to the existing build:
* when display is off, no back action is performed when power button is pressed, only the backlight goes on (*** see notes below)
* backlight goes on to tell you that it will shut down when screen was off and you turn off the player by longpressing power button
* long press play button shows context menu properly (i think this will be included in the next release)

****some more detail about the power-no-back-action-when-screen-was-off mod.
The back action will still be preformed when a other button has been pressed within a short time (to be exact: your backlight timeout). 
For example: if you take the player out of the pocket and press power -> mod works 
                    if you change the volume and then press the power button -> mod does not work

Maybe in the future I will find a better approach for this problem (I know a solution but dont like it that much). The reason why this is happening is the way rockbox is structured: All buttons will wake up the screen and xzcc did a workaround for this. The workaround ignores the command to switch on the display if it comes from a button that is not power button. But when you press a button like volume, the system sets backlight on and thinks that it is actually really on. Also my mod that detects the backlight in the system's regular way will think it is on and allow the back action.

Regular, dualboot:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7e36v1

Rockbox only (only for the cool guys 
cool.gif
):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/s69thp

sources:
https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox.git
mod: 
https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/issue-attachment/33/isergachev/rockbox/1404241695.76/33/power-backlight_on_only.diff

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #895 of 2,020
Just so I'm following correctly.. Rb will not work w the new FM (1.5)? If so which build offers crossfading and is there a direct link to the FM file?

Yes it works! See the instructions on the linked page of the first thread.
Rockbox allows crossfading since maybe 2009. All builds.
See instructions on the linked page of the first thread.

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #899 of 2,020

after some searching on the internet i think i know the problem. i have to use the usb cable that come with dx50, but i dont know where i put my cable because i move around a lot.
now i remember that i have similar problem back then before installing rockbox.

It's just a normal usb cable. Nothing special about the one that came with the player. If you're using a different one and it's not working, it's just a defective cable. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #900 of 2,020
Hi, thanks for your work. I have a question, I would love to have your single boot Rockbox version but I thought I needed mango to be able to connect my USB?
What happens in this case if you do not have the dual boot? Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back