Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #511 of 2,020
I'm using the DX-50 with an OTG cable attached to a 1TB hard drive and it works well with the original DX-50 firmware. Anyone know if it will it work with RockBox or has that not yet been implemented?

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #512 of 2,020
Tried that couple of times from the Mango settings menu. Should not kill anything. It actually fixed a few issues I had when I initially installed RB.

you tried this with the old version of rockbox 'co-existence'? I have the first release not the CMW one.

EDIT: even though I have the update.img in the build-in flash mango cant seem to find it :S

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #514 of 2,020
I'm using the DX-50 with an OTG cable attached to a 1TB hard drive and it works well with the original DX-50 firmware. Anyone know if it will it work with RockBox or has that not yet been implemented?

I tiried it with a 256 GB USB stick + Rockbox, no problems, so it probably will work also with a 1 TB hard drive. Only the battery gets empty rather fast.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #515 of 2,020
i have found the font package....and i throw in the GNU unifont...but i still cant see unicode.. and i have accidentally turn on auto update for database...now everytime i boot into RB...my RB hanged...and cant do anything.

i have try to leave it but the DX50 will just auto power off.. sigh...how do i reset everything and able to see unicode like jap/kor/chinese wording on my songs..?

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #516 of 2,020
does your battery meter work?

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #518 of 2,020
  does your battery meter work?

Well no one ever complained about this, but for me from the first time i tried rockbox on dx50, and it has been confusing..

the battery performance is good, but the battery meter for a full charge is effective only from 100% to 90% (like 10 hours here), from 90% to 0% is just a matter of 10 mins max, so its a bit confusing to know the exact remaining, but anyway ..

its very strange that it only happens to me, and however i reinstall firmware countless time resetting everything, it is still the same :D

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #519 of 2,020

Well no one ever complained about this, but for me from the first time i tried rockbox on dx50, and it has been confusing..

the battery performance is good, but the battery meter for a full charge is effective only from 100% to 90% (like 10 hours here), from 90% to 0% is just a matter of 10 mins max, so its a bit confusing to know the exact remaining, but anyway ..

its very strange that it only happens to me, and however i reinstall firmware countless time resetting everything, it is still the same :D

When I changed to centreArt theme, the battery meters looks accurate to me. But for other themes I tried the indicator appears off. But I never really wait until it's 0 before I plug it in.

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #520 of 2,020

When I changed to centreArt theme, the battery meters looks accurate to me. But for other themes I tried the indicator appears off. But I never really wait until it's 0 before I plug it in.

Does your battery indicator work on the stock firmware? For mine it's showing 1 bar on stock firmware but around 80% on RB. It's confusing. Seems like on RB the battery last longer?

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #521 of 2,020

its very strange that it only happens to me, and however i reinstall firmware countless time resetting everything, it is still the same
biggrin.gif

Mine stays at around 90+ at the moment. In the system menu its also 98 with 1minute left :p

What is the best way to add centerArt theme in the player? 

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #522 of 2,020
Does your battery indicator work on the stock firmware? For mine it's showing 1 bar on stock firmware but around 80% on RB. It's confusing. Seems like on RB the battery last longer?

Mine stays at around 90+ at the moment. In the system menu its also 98 with 1minute left :p

What is the best way to add centerArt theme in the player? 

Well, i have centerart theme and it gives the same inaccurate percentage, i think the stock firmware is more accurate but anyway it shows bars which is also not a very accurate way,

but as i said on rockbox from 100% to 90% a very long time, then from 90 to 0 in 10 min, may be thats why it shows 1 bar on stock and 80% on rockbox..

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #523 of 2,020

Well, i have centerart theme and it gives the same inaccurate percentage, i think the stock firmware is more accurate but anyway it shows bars which is also not a very accurate way,

but as i said on rockbox from 100% to 90% a very long time, then from 90 to 0 in 10 min, may be thats why it shows 1 bar on stock and 80% on rockbox..

Strange I have seen mine at 76 %. But never really paid much attention. Will check it out further

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #524 of 2,020

Strange I have seen mine at 76 %. But never really paid much attention. Will check it out further

+1 to this,

my battery readings are generally pretty accurate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back