Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #406 of 2,020
  found a problem: installing build.prop via cwm breaks usb
will fix it today

Just tried it now. Looks like everything works.

I still can see the DX50 and external_SD when I connect it to my mac via USB

Shutting it down and power back on while connected via usb also work.

The only thing I notice is on the startup menu when you select between mango and RB, tapping on the screen sometimes doesn't work and appears to hang DX50. I had to shut it down manually and reboot again.

EDIT: Ok I'm not sure what happens but I re-install cwm_rockbox_2014-03-24_v3.zip from the CWM recovery menu. After it reboots. it works flawlessly.

Minor issue on the cwm recovery menu. It appears it is unable to mount the external SD and I have to install cwm_rockbox_2014-03-24_v3.zip from the internal sdcard.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #409 of 2,020

Just tried it now. Looks like everything works.

I still can see the DX50 and external_SD when I connect it to my mac via USB

Shutting it down and power back on while connected via usb also work.

The only thing I notice is on the startup menu when you select between mango and RB, tapping on the screen sometimes doesn't work and appears to hang DX50. I had to shut it down manually and reboot again.

EDIT: Ok I'm not sure what happens but I re-install cwm_rockbox_2014-03-24_v3.zip from the CWM recovery menu. After it reboots. it works flawlessly.

Minor issue on the cwm recovery menu. It appears it is unable to mount the external SD and I have to install cwm_rockbox_2014-03-24_v3.zip from the internal sdcard.

Still not sure what's about usb and build.prop - removed it from current build. By default only mass storage will work, not adb. Those who need it can enable it.

Switcher can be slow ~10s on first boot or when choice changed, but should not hang at all.

Your sd is probably exfat. Generally external sd work in cwm.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #410 of 2,020
New version, usb works as mass storage: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home
For those who already have usb broken by previous build - return to stock recovery, flash update.img with cwm (this will repair build.prop and usb), flash new rockbox.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #411 of 2,020

Still not sure what's about usb and build.prop - removed it from current build. By default only mass storage will work, not adb. Those who need it can enable it.

Switcher can be slow ~10s on first boot or when choice changed, but should not hang at all.

Your sd is probably exfat. Generally external sd work in cwm.

Yes my external SD formatted in exFAT. So I guess cwm does not support exFAT then. Not an issue at all.

I just spent a several times switching back and forth between mango and RB and it's very quick. It's less than a second quick.

Only the first time I see the menu when the DX50 hang ( I left it for more than 10 minutes and the screen remains on the menu) and it won't respond and go past the selection menu until I boot into recovery and re-install RB the second time.

Anyway, everything seems flawless now. All the changes you implemented seems to work well and none of the reported issues with USB connectivity.

Thanks again.

Here's the pic of the menu screen at start up for those who hasn't tried the latest version.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #412 of 2,020
  New version, usb works as mass storage: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home
For those who already have usb broken by previous build - return to stock recovery, flash update.img with cwm (this will repair build.prop and usb), flash new rockbox.

Quick question, the update.img file provided by DOC2008 I assume is based on the stock 1.2.8 FW? Or is it one of his hybrids? (meaning stock 1.2.8 with some libraries taken from previous FW).

I just notice when I switch to Mango, the the battery meter is only 1 bar, but when I go to RB it's still at 70%.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #413 of 2,020

Quick question, the update.img file provided by DOC2008 I assume is based on the stock 1.2.8 FW? Or is it one of his hybrids? (meaning stock 1.2.8 with some libraries taken from previous FW).

I just notice when I switch to Mango, the the battery meter is only 1 bar, but when I go to RB it's still at 70%.

update.img is stock 1.2.8 where only recovery replaced with cwm
yes, mango is somewhat strange about battery meter reading

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #415 of 2,020

How do I return to stock recovery please? It seems that I always get the new recovery system.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #418 of 2,020
First of all let me say just how impressed I am by the ease of installing themes now. It is beautifully done. Thank you!

However...  there is trouble in paradise. One can no longer go from the File Browser to the Main menu by pushing Back and then onto the WPS. Instead you have to back up all the way through all the folders to get to the Main Menu. It makes selecting songs for the active playlist very difficult as it takes so long to get back to the WPS. In addition, the File Browser position is then completely lost. 

It would be great if this can be fixed. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #419 of 2,020
How do you turn the screen back on when backlight is turned off automatically? Since the DX50 is fully operational after the last song of an album has played (since the buttons still work) but the screen somehow does not turn on, I have to restart the device in order to have a workin gscreen again!

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #420 of 2,020
Kudos though on the keys no longer turning on the backlight and unlocking the screen!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back