RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Nov 5, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #16 of 364

Quote:
RockBox for HiFiman HM801
http://mycroft.su/en/catalog/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm801/podder

Instructions for returning to the original firmware.
1) The archive tools.rar Driver + flasher. Install the driver.
2) Run the flasher RK27_UpgradeImage administrator.
3) Turn on the player.
4) Connect via usb to the PC.
5) Go to System / System -> Debug (Don't touch!) / Debug (do not touch!) -> View HW info.
6) The program RK27Upgrade_Image opposite "Image??" select the firmware then click the "?? (U)" and wait.

Be sure to first paragraph 4, and then 5.

Where do I get the archive tools.rar and the RK27_UpgradeImage?

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #18 of 364
Would you risk installing this on a HM-603?

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 364
I just had a few hours to try the new firmware on a HM 801, but despite my impressions being very positive, beware: if you have a slow SD card (like the popular Kingston class 4) you will not be able to play FLAC files (the buffer size is not big enough and there are pauses in the songs, and you cannot change the buffer size on this release of rockbox)

Otherwise, it works, and it is a big improvement over the original firmware. Gapless playback specially. After listening from the Hifiman engineers that due to hardware limitations that was not possible, seeing it working is kind of Epic.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 364

Quote:
I just had a few hours to try the new firmware on a HM 801, but despite my impressions being very positive, beware: if you have a slow SD card (like the popular Kingston class 4) you will not be able to play FLAC files (the buffer size is not big enough and there are pauses in the songs, and you cannot change the buffer size on this release of rockbox)

Both FLAC and ALAC are working for me with a Kingston class 4, are these hi res files you're trying?

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #22 of 364
I have been using a Kingston class 4 with high resolution 96/24 flac files bought from HDTracks.com. With a faster SD card they play no problem, but with the Kingston SD card every 5 seconds I get a pause. Otherwise this new firmware rocks.

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 364
I can confirm that 24/88.2 works now when playing from an SD card. Via the USB-DAC input this has been working even before. On my slower class 4 card however, playing is interrupted every few seconds. 24/48 files play without interruption even from my slow card.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #27 of 364
I'd love to try this and I appreciate the work that has gone into making this happen. Thanks!

But I was wondering if someone who has successfully done the firmware switch would be so kind as to jot down the instructions. The translation is a bit unclear and I hate the thought of owning an audiophile brick. Also anyone know what the V2 files are and which ones to use? I've got a 602 if that makes any difference as to the files or whether I ought to doing this at all.

Cheers

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #28 of 364

Quote:
I'd love to try this and I appreciate the work that has gone into making this happen. Thanks!
But I was wondering if someone who has successfully done the firmware switch would be so kind as to jot down the instructions. The translation is a bit unclear and I hate the thought of owning an audiophile brick. Also anyone know what the V2 files are and which ones to use? I've got a 602 if that makes any difference as to the files or whether I ought to doing this at all.
Cheers

Here ya go! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back