Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10
Aug 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic
Has anybody heard both sufficiently to compare? I am looking for something sub $200 that is smoother and more laid back to compliment my defiltered SM3 and TF10, something with comparable levels of detail and good sized soundstage but a more neutral, laid-back signature without so much emphasis on any 1 area of the spectrum, maybe a little bass bump but no more than the X10. The SM3s are mid forward since I pulled the filters and while I find them better overall, they aren't as relaxing as they used to be and I want something to fill that role. I loved the X10's sound but I would prefer something less colored with a replaceable cable.

Any thoughts?

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Unfortunately i've not heard the SM3 or the TF10 but I can comment on the R-50.  I'm a little new to describing sound signatures so take everything I say with a grain of salt.  As far as soundstage goes, I would say that overall it is definitely above average and the detail and separation are extremely good.  It's fairly neutral but leaning toward the more forward side of things and it can be a bit sibilant when using a crappy recording.  Base-wise it's fantastic as well; not too much, not too little.  Good impact when it's called for and doesn't bleed into or overpower the mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back