Road Rage
Dec 13, 2006 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Road Rage
mad.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

What are some of you thinking?!!! Someone merges into your lane prematurely and all of a sudden you desire to commit murder. Someone actually decides to drive the speed limit and you feel the need to spew verbal/visual death threats even when children are present in either vehicle.

It is the 21st century according to the Gregorian calendar. I would like to believe that we now live in a civilized society these days, but all I see are a bunch of apes behind the wheel beating their primal chest at the slightest inconvenience. It’s like watching 2nd graders fight to the death over their place in a school lunch line.

Why do people have such rage, animosity, and hatred for their fellow countrymen who have slightly different driving preferences and, at times, make God-honest errors which rarely cause accidents? Even if some paint is exchanged, trade insurance information and be on your way. It’s hardly worth assaulting or killing over.

You Road Ragers have your priorities all out of whack. I would rather keep my freedom, my life, or the lives of my family members intact rather than engage in meaningless pissing contests. This type of behavior only proves that you belong in therapy, specifically anger management classes, to further develop coping skills past the toddler level.

My fellow Headfiers, you know who you are. If you find yourself erupting in irrational emotional outbursts while on the road, then I suggest you surrender your license to the nearest DMV because you are incapable of handling ordinary stress behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 46
I like to fake road rage at the tiniest thngs when a mate is in the car with me. We usualy get a good laugh out of my rantings.

Driving alone, Im never in a hurry, what does gettign worked up achieve?

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people have such rage, animosity, and hatred for their fellow countrymen who have slightly different driving preferences and, at times, make God-honest errors which rarely cause accidents?

People expect to be able to get from A --> B in whatever amount of time they expect.

If their expectations are not met they become little babies.

There are too many cars on the road compared to the amount of road space.

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why do people have such rage, animosity, and hatred for their fellow countrymen who have slightly different driving preferences and, at times, make God-honest errors which rarely cause accidents? Even if some paint is exchanged, trade insurance information and be on your way. It’s hardly worth assaulting or killing over.

I think everyone set their priority differently. These people might think "Public Attention" is the highest priority of their lives, and they'd do their best to achieve their goals.

They might also do whatever they can on the road, so they can get home as soon as possible to turn on their TV, and drink their beer.
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 46
I get more raged in the Audi than BMW..go figure!
k1000smile.gif

I am usually pretty good, in the gas conservation mode..once in a while..someone just gets on my nerves....very frustrating.

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #7 of 46
i usually feel sorry for the person that just cut me off, tailgated me, etc. with the way that they were driving, they'll get themselves in trouble sooner or later. i've noticed that i'm more patient with other drivers nowadays. must be the age.

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 46
http://www.infoplease.com/toptens/worstbottlenecks.html

Try driving in Los Angeles, California.

Well we don’t drive; we wait and wait in traffic—everywhere, everyday, virtual at all hours…

Then have people repeatedly cut you off, give you the finger, hurl profanity at you, and dirty looks too and that’s only if it’s their fault...

It’s hard to hack day in and day out.

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 46
What I hate is by calling it "road rage" somehow people feel it legitimises their violent contemptible actions. One 'lady' interviewed on the tv was quoted as "I just got road rage". NO, you waste of carbon, you are a violent POS and should be locked up!

Dec 13, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by puiah11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are too many cars on the road compared to the amount of road space.

True that.
Which is why I'm a motorbike person. You get everywhere way faster and you (mostly) escape road rage, yours or others'.

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 46
crowd too many rats in the same cage and they turn on eachother. same thing with drivers and the road.

/took the bus for 12 years (to work)
//did my time on metro

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love pulling the glock when they give the finger. Just cause I drive a tuner they think I am a push over.

no, i think it's the glock that makes them think you are a weenie.
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 46
The older I get the more mellow I seem to be about such things... some people are just too high strung!

One thing that does get under my skin (not to a road rage degree but still irritating) is when people think they have the right to stop traffic because they are in the wrong lane. This happens all the time on the fwy and city streets. Guess what, you are not the only one on the road! If you ended up in the wrong lane go the next exit or intersection and fix it! Don't think everyone should stop for you while you figure it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back