RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #5,867 of 6,034
The Chord Mojo 2 has built-in EQ that is supposedly lossless. Is the ADI-2 FS built-in EQ also lossless?
Not sure I understand this question, but if you feed it a lossless format, it is lossless, using the equalization doesn't change that.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #5,870 of 6,034
actually you can combine it. Easy with the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 3.17.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 3.17.12 PM.png
    585.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #5,872 of 6,034
I can't do EQ with DSD, as is the norm, but I have been EQ'ing files that are 24 to 32 bits, 192 kHz up sampled.
And with using Crossfeed and a various filters.
But I remember reading over at the RME forum that dynamic range can be compromised if too much processing takes place. I don't recall the specifics.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #5,876 of 6,034
Hey guys, I need some help with my adi-2 FS. It used to work fine when I used it as a single-ended DAC with RCA cables, but ever since I hooked it up in balanced with XLR cables, every now and then it’s been shutting off for a few seconds as if it’s running out of current (no red light, completely off just like when I unplug it), then turning back on after 2-3 seconds. It’s really frustrating to have my music stop every few minutes for 2-3 seconds. Does anyone know what can cause this?

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #5,877 of 6,034
Hey guys, I need some help with my adi-2 FS. It used to work fine when I used it as a single-ended DAC with RCA cables, but ever since I hooked it up in balanced with XLR cables, every now and then it’s been shutting off for a few seconds as if it’s running out of current (no red light, completely off just like when I unplug it), then turning back on after 2-3 seconds. It’s really frustrating to have my music stop every few minutes for 2-3 seconds. Does anyone know what can cause this?
Just a hunch here...cables can come loose and you did go from RCA to Balanced XLR, so the unit most likely was moved around a bit: I would check to ensure the power cable is properly inserted, AND twisted in place (it locks) at the back of the unit.
I can't think of anything else, but a double check on the power cable, at both ends (what plugs in the wall too) is worth doing. Best of luck.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #5,878 of 6,034
Are you using the same amp? Does that amp have both single and balanced. Did you turn auto select off?
Just a hunch here...cables can come loose and you did go from RCA to Balanced XLR, so the unit most likely was moved around a bit: I would check to ensure the power cable is properly inserted, AND twisted in place (it locks) at the back of the unit.
I can't think of anything else, but a double check on the power cable, at both ends (what plugs in the wall too) is worth doing. Best of luck

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #5,879 of 6,034
I'm early in this hobby and still learning the technicalities but I can't do maths for the life of me. I've recently heard about voltage being something to consider between DAC and amplifier so I wonder if you can help. I'm running my ADI-2 DAC FS via XLR cables into an Aune S17 Pro with the S17's volume set to max, currently using low gain, and I believe it can take up to 4 volts. What is the output voltage from the ADI-2 and which setting should I use for best compatibility? Thanks.

(S17 info and specs: https://mall.auneaudio.com/S17-Pro-Headphone-Amp-p22519408.html?variant=116210525)

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #5,880 of 6,034
I'm early in this hobby and still learning the technicalities but I can't do maths for the life of me. I've recently heard about voltage being something to consider between DAC and amplifier so I wonder if you can help. I'm running my ADI-2 DAC FS via XLR cables into an Aune S17 Pro with the S17's volume set to max, currently using low gain, and I believe it can take up to 4 volts. What is the output voltage from the ADI-2 and which setting should I use for best compatibility? Thanks.

(S17 info and specs: https://mall.auneaudio.com/S17-Pro-Headphone-Amp-p22519408.html?variant=116210525)
Run your RME at 0dB into your amp- no loudness feature needed in this configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back