Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 27, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,041 of 2,508
Sammy sent me this information via some PM's with him, maybe it'll be useful to someone else too in making a decision between Galaxy and Solar:

"That should be Solar But the treble extension is wore than galaxy. Galaxy have a bit harsh. The galaxy soundings ultra bass and treble extension with front vocal. The resolution better grade than Solar two grade."

"Bass texture: Galaxy >solar

BASS attack: Solar > Galaxy

Vocals. Men: Solar =Galaxy

Vocal women: Galaxy >Solar

Soundstage: Galaxy >solar

Treble: galaxy >Solar

Resolution: Galaxy >SOlar

Color. : Solar >Galaxy "
Then its a win win.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #2,042 of 2,508
Sammy sent me this information via some PM's with him, maybe it'll be useful to someone else too in making a decision between Galaxy and Solar:

"That should be Solar But the treble extension is wore than galaxy. Galaxy have a bit harsh. The galaxy soundings ultra bass and treble extension with front vocal. The resolution better grade than Solar two grade."

"Bass texture: Galaxy >solar

BASS attack: Solar > Galaxy

Vocals. Men: Solar =Galaxy

Vocal women: Galaxy >Solar

Soundstage: Galaxy >solar

Treble: galaxy >Solar

Resolution: Galaxy >SOlar

Color. : Solar >Galaxy "

That's pretty much what I hear compare to solar~

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #2,044 of 2,508
Pretty much what Sammy says. Hard to choose between the two. Both are seemingly Good with differences enough to warrant both purchase together haha

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #2,046 of 2,508
I would think he means much more analytical treble. With greater accuracy that exposed poor recordings. But honestly I hear no harshness or sibilance even with 10 year old type of 128kps MP3 even though they sound bad haha.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2,050 of 2,508
I would think he means much more analytical treble. With greater accuracy that exposed poor recordings. But honestly I hear no harshness or sibilance even with 10 year old type of 128kps MP3 even though they sound bad haha.

Phew
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #2,051 of 2,508
did sammy say earlier that the custom galaxy actually sounded worse than the universal?  how?

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #2,052 of 2,508
  did sammy say earlier that the custom galaxy actually sounded worse than the universal?  how?

He did yes, but I didn't question him further. My guess is the metal housing.

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,053 of 2,508
Yup, according to Sammy, the metal housing positively affects the bass response

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #2,054 of 2,508
He didn't say it was worst actually just that the metal housing will create a much stronger and punchy bass with a more emotional female vocal portrayal due to the metal resonance effect!

I have both custom and universal of the Galaxy and I concur that this is accurate! However, for comfort I will pick the custom Galaxy since it's so comfy haha!! But for pure eargasm the metal housing Galaxy is the way to go!

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #2,055 of 2,508
He didn't say it was worst actually just that the metal housing will create a much stronger and punchy bass with a more emotional female vocal portrayal due to the metal resonance effect!

I have both custom and universal of the Galaxy and I concur that this is accurate! However, for comfort I will pick the custom Galaxy since it's so comfy haha!! But for pure eargasm the metal housing Galaxy is the way to go!

I too have both the custom and universal galaxy and I totally agree with what zzmadzz is saying. The only beneficial thing with the custom galaxy is it's comfort. Best fit compared to my a10 which was the best till this appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back