Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 24, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,951 of 2,508
I've auditioned the Dita (standard version) 2 times and also liked it very much :)

Just to place your comparison in perspective, did you listen with the Dita Answer standard, the Truth (with Van den Hull upgrade cable) or the (trrs) balanced edition?

My Dita is the standard version! The Dita answer with the fatter cable! That's the version I prefer most honestly haha.

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,952 of 2,508

I see you have the Questyle QP1R dap (which was on my wishlist for some time)
Just curious, how's the synergy of that one with Solar?

The Solar is a great match with the QP1R. You can really pick up on the extra sense of space and layering over something like a ZX2 or iPhone 6(+). No worries there, that's for sure. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,953 of 2,508
Been putting time into the Solar, and they seem to be getting better, I think it's just me getting used to the improvements. But the sound of the midrange is so much to my preference.

And I do believe the bass is still changing nearly 150hrs into burn in. It seems to be loosing any boomyness, and the bass is spot on, in its presence. First time ever, no eq needed.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #1,954 of 2,508
Been putting time into the Solar, and they seem to be getting better, I think it's just me getting used to the improvements. But the sound of the midrange is so much to my preference.

And I do believe the bass is still changing nearly 150hrs into burn in. It seems to be loosing any boomyness, and the bass is spot on, in its presence. First time ever, no eq needed.

It's going to get even better...get that nice, deep, super tight seal in your ear canal (I know it sounds dirty) and the Solar's really bloom. I'm listening to a lot of music on the ZX2 and it never sounded soooo  good! I just ordered a cable with the TRRS jack, I'm looking forward to that.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,956 of 2,508
It's going to get even better...get that nice, deep, super tight seal in your ear canal (I know it sounds dirty) and the Solar's really bloom. I'm listening to a lot of music on the ZX2 and it never sounded soooo  good! I just ordered a cable with the TRRS jack, I'm looking forward to that.

I'll try a smaller tip to get them in further..

I have also ordered a TRRS jack for the 4 core 2.98 cable, and this should take the sound to the edge of epic, with any luck.

The extra ground on the ZX2 makes a vast difference to the soundstage. And takes this dap over to one of best on the market once fitted. Especially with iem's like these.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,957 of 2,508
What is the source for the Galaxy? I don't see it anywhere on Rhapsodio's website.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,958 of 2,508
Jan 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,960 of 2,508
Thanks much, guys!

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,961 of 2,508
  What tips are Galaxy users using ?

The red one for my ear shape. it leaves some air and space between my ear canal, iem and the actual tip. so the soundstage is the largest without losing a lot of bass and warmth.

you might want to try a size that doesn't squeeze a lot in your ear, the best fit is the one that can just hang there with decent seal.

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #1,963 of 2,508
Man, Solar or Galaxy, what a tough decision

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #1,964 of 2,508
  Man, Solar or Galaxy, what a tough decision

What sound characteristics are you after. If you want speed and clarity, Galaxy it is. If you want space, smoothness slight warmth, then Solar. There is more to them than that, but it is to illustrate the differences.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,965 of 2,508
  What sound characteristics are you after. If you want speed and clarity, Galaxy it is. If you want space, smoothness slight warmth, then Solar. There is more to them than that, but it is to illustrate the differences.

That helps a lot, thank you as always

Users who are viewing this thread

Back