RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
May 8, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #61 of 286
I will be there in Munich! 
evil_smiley.gif

May 8, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #63 of 286
  Would it be possible to organise a Singapore/SE Asia tour as well for the unit? :)

Yeah that would be pretty awesome... Since i live in India, is there any chance i could also participate in it, if it gets materialized ( fingers crossed )....Been waiting for the successor for T10s for quite some time now

May 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #64 of 286
  Any firm can make a mediocre bassy IEM... Like T10. What's hard to do is to make a clear, balanced sounding IEM that has bass which can go low and hit hard without bleeding into mids. Let's see if T20 will be that.

Yes! x1000

On the other hand, there are also so many clear and "accurate" IEMs that get rave reviews for their supposed "accuracy" when in reality the bass frequency reproduction rolls off noticeably below 50-60Hz. I'm convinced that it's not that hard to make these IEMs either.

What is hard is exactly what you described - taking that highly rated clarity, and bringing in enough sub-bass to represent a true audio system with large woofer drivers or a sub-woofer without bleeding into the mids or muddying up the clarity.

May 8, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #65 of 286
Are you sure that bass response is rolling off, or if it might be your hearing that is? Remember that the lowest frequencies are felt much more than they are heard and that low bass frequencies need to be driven to much higher sound pressure levels in order to be perceived as equally loud.

May 8, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #66 of 286
Just looked at the graph and specs. WOW 90 db sensitivity. The T10i was powerhungry at times it seemed. I own a RE-262 which is 150ohm and 95db sensitivity and i thought that was bad... I bet the T20's will scale well though, i might have to try them on my Adcom GCD-575 CD player if theyre 90 db efficent. I bet they'd like an amp or have good scaling potential at least. 

May 9, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #69 of 286
@mrmoto050 - I know exactly what obsidyen meant - and I agree with him.  IMO the T10 had a fantastic build, wonderful ergonomics, but was an overly bassy IEM (which bled into the mid-range), and I'd agree and say as far as my preferred sound goes - it was pretty mediocre.  A lot of people felt the same way.

From the description of the T20, this will be a breath of fresh air - and I'm really looking forward to hearing them.  The T10 was fine if you liked an overly thick, overly warm IEM.  It wasn't reference.  Lets hope the T20 is. 

Quote:
  Any firm can make a mediocre bassy IEM... Like T10. What's hard to do is to make a clear, balanced sounding IEM that has bass which can go low and hit hard without bleeding into mids. Let's see if T20 will be that.

Quote:
@obsidyen Mediocre Bass T10, Not 

May 9, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #70 of 286
T10 and I didn't get along due to overwhelming bass and lack of treble presence. I don't mind EQ-ing the heck out of cheaper HP/IEM to get something I like but not at T10's price point...

The reference filter would've been a better starting point - plenty of bass. Then open 'em up from there. T20 indeed looks more promising for those of us craving more balanced sound signature.

May 9, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #72 of 286
it would be awesome! How do we go about asking for it?

Make a group and shoot them a PM, i dont think they will hear us, there arent much reviewers here in india.

May 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #75 of 286

Agreed. I held off on the T10 for that reason. I would even go out on a limb and say they screwed up with the T10 and the 20 is more than likely going to be what it should have been day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back