RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
May 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #31 of 286

You're in for a treat, Mr. Chi.

The version we had in So Cal was mk2 prototype, and final production is based on mk4 protype... it's sounding pretty good, but we would say that!

so Munich is more important than Babylon, LI???  :)
[guess i'd have to agree]

Wish I could have heard the t20 last saturday (though you did give the heads up that something like the t20 was coming).

cheers

May 7, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #32 of 286
I might actually end up using the bass filter on these!  :D

On a tangent, I wonder how much it costs to make a mold for their injection molding process?  If it's feasible, I'd love to have a metal CIEM someday.

Custom metal iem? That would be cool!

You're in for a treat, Mr. Chi.

The version we had in So Cal was mk2 prototype, and final production is based on mk4 protype... it's sounding pretty good, but we would say that!

Can't wait to hear these, prototype at canjam was good

Jim

May 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #33 of 286
Custom metal iem? That would be cool!
Can't wait to hear these, prototype at canjam was good

Jim

prototype at canjam, but not brought to Long Island
deadhorse.gif

May 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #35 of 286
Agree with many of the above comments. For me the sound was to dark. Loved the bass extension of the T10 but felt that the earphones had a coloration that I did not like and was far from neutral.
Also liked the build on the T10.
Looking forward to the T20, if it's reasonably priced, has a neutral sound but with a nice bass extension, and has the same excellent build quality.

May 7, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #37 of 286

I was desperate to bring the latest version to the NY meet, but unfortunately they had to go back to the design team the day before I left!

Sorry guys, my hands were tied.

Hey, I understand.  Glad to meet you and look forward to seeing you at future NYC area meets.
Be well.

May 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #39 of 286
Looking forward to this. The T10i were fantastic, but not what I was looking for. So here's hoping for the same build with the right sound sig!

May 7, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #40 of 286
Colour me intrigued. I really found the T10 build quality and comfort to be excellent (though I really hate all the tips supplied lol), but the sound was too warm, far too much bass and not much else.

Has anything like this driver or magnet or diaphragm tech been done before?

May 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #41 of 286
RHA hasn't been on my radar since the MA-750 review program. The thought of an RHA IEM, utilizing new driver technology, and tuned to a reference sound signature, has me very intrigued. I'm looking forward to hearing some new details about this earphone.

May 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #42 of 286
  I might actually end up using the bass filter on these!  
biggrin.gif

On a tangent, I wonder how much it costs to make a mold for their injection molding process?  If it's feasible, I'd love to have a metal CIEM someday.

The injection molding process requires an actual mold able to withstand molten metal to be made. It is a long tedious effort. I'd be afraid to even see the price of a custom molded metal IEM.

May 7, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #44 of 286
  Oh Boy Oh boy, I love the T10, can't wait for these, especially Dual Dynamics!!! Subscribed.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is a single dynamic - but with a proprietary dual coil design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back