Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #406 of 2,057
I think it's just a disagreement on what we mean by "basshead".

If we mean ultra powerful, rumbling bass, then yes it is. If we mean bass that overpowers the rest of the spectrum, then no it isn't. The bass on the PH6 definitely rivals others (not the insane ones like the JVC Hammers or whatever, but still), you turn these up and there's bass for days, but it's all so balanced and lovely. 

I don't buy that's of lower "quality" than LCD2s or whatever either. To me it's top notch. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #407 of 2,057
The Lcd bass is def tighter. Pandora bass is detailed and has good resolution but its not the tightest. I prefer pandora bass because it is detailed and punchy just not ortho tight/solid.

^ that I am totally firm on and ran bass tests. The quality part is more subjective than the qty part but the lcd2 is easily more controlled. The bass is full and rich but not weighty and tight. Based on detail/resolution in the bass it may be higher up in overall quality and has more resolution there than the th600 that part was a little harder to put in order.

overall the only thing I think needed to make it literally the perfect hp is tighter/more solid bass
A little more soundstage and better comfort. That would make it the best hp ever made IMO.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #408 of 2,057
See, comfort hasn't been an issue with me at all. I don't find it heavy or fatiguing after hours of wear (then my mom always said I was hard headed as a child .... shrugs). And I put on different pads right away, and it has been heaven on my ears and head. As for soundstage, I don't need it wider. It's perfect for me (and beats some open headphones I've heard). 

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #409 of 2,057
I would like a tighter clamp. It does kinda bug me that if I bend over or lie back I have to readjust or it'll fall off.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #410 of 2,057
  I would like a tighter clamp. It does kinda bug me that if I bend over or lie back I have to readjust or it'll fall off.

Agree here. When I received mine from the previous owner it was so loose that it wouldn't seal well enough to maintain full sound quality. I had to bend the band so it held tighter. The previous owner did mention after the fact that he'd loosened it for his fit. So bending the metal band can help if you need to.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #411 of 2,057
^ I think thats where the oppo nailed it though its described as dark its build looks extremely practical. This on the other hand is not at all. 

a buddy of mine heard these next to hd800 at Axpona and preferred them 

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #412 of 2,057
  ^ I think thats where the oppo nailed it though its described as dark its build looks extremely practical. This on the other hand is not at all. 

a buddy of mine heard these next to hd800 at Axpona and preferred them 

Wow, that's high praise indeed. Sonically I can't find much at all to fault on the Pandora Hope (aside from the bass could have just a touch more authority)... Definitely an awesome sounding can. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #414 of 2,057
Has ANYONE heard the X? I don't think it's actually out yet. The website is just a placeholder and there aren't any photographs of it. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #415 of 2,057
I got some interesting news/rumours to share regarding pandora x. It's gg to be the mass-market version of murasama, cost abt usd3300++, balanced armature, and to be launched at the end of the year. Start saving now!

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #419 of 2,057
Cn11 I think the bass is perfect, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back