Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #661 of 2,057
 Hell if you have a good room setup you can walk TEN feet around the room without the sound changing to any significant extent. Hint: the relationship between a pair of 8" speakers and ten feet is much larger than 1cm vs 5cm. Just FYI.  

ten feet...i would be sitting infront of my left or right spkr...lmao.,,my setup suczzzzzz...my room width suczzzz too...lolz.

=====

ok back to pads...from my little experience in swapping pads, the distance away from the drivers do affect the sound somewhat..
if u dun hear a diff, that save u some hassle i guess. :p

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #662 of 2,057
  I've been switch pads back and forth. I still think you hear more details with the stock (thinner pads), but you don't lose that much with the replacement pads (in details that is). Now, I also think that the stock pads having that cloth material (instead of the leather with replacements) under the pad aids in helping the the BA kick out better highs. In the end, unless I'm wearing it half on my ears, the stock pads hurt too much after a short period of time listening. Some other ears may fair better, but I went back to the replacement pads. Plus, I've learned how to wear the replacement pads to get the optimum sound out of the headphone.

Did you get the chance to try the IV pads from Grizzlybeast?

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #663 of 2,057

Did you get the chance to try the IV pads from Grizzlybeast?

He never offered to let me try those (lol), so no. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #665 of 2,057
hi all 

i been reading this thread from the start and get about halfway and there is still no mention of it compared to Beyer t5p.i get impatience and decide to ask if any of PH6 owners who also own or listened to t5p and can give an insight of how both of these cans compared together.reason being i come across a good deal for t5p (which bring it to around the same price of a new PH6 for almost a year's old unit).should i give the t5p a shot first...or just go straight ahead with FAD...

Cheers

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #668 of 2,057
I had T5p before and I would suggest you go for PH6. You won't regret it
smily_headphones1.gif

In your opinion, is there a headphone in the same price bracket that's very-very close to VI but offers better comfort?

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #669 of 2,057
Denon AH-D7000 (if you can get hold of one!) and maybe ZMF Vibro. I had the ZMF v2 and was very impressed with it but you need to give it a bass boost. ZMF Vibro is supposed to be better than ZMF v2. Both headphones are very comfortable.

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #670 of 2,057
T5p is halogenic, very clear...clarion...bass lacks quantity. 
If u own it, u can try to like it...( i did own it for a year lolz )
if u havent bot it, try not to. until u have heard it,
and if u do like it vv much then buy it :p

Pandora6 has a v captivating quality, 
cant even start to describe it, leaving that to the guys b4 me in this thread,
just love the sound the bass..the timbre..on my first hearing.
didnt felt anything lacking in the sound.

I would say this..
both cans love the ipad, and simple gears. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #673 of 2,057
  Denon AH-D7000 (if you can get hold of one!) and maybe ZMF Vibro. I had the ZMF v2 and was very impressed with it but you need to give it a bass boost. ZMF Vibro is supposed to be better than ZMF v2. Both headphones are very comfortable.

Cheers. Unless I get a crazy good deal I won't go for the Denon's anymore. From memory I find the D5000 quite far apart from the VI so I'm not getting the idea that the D7000 will do things way differently or better. I've been wrong before though.

When you say Vibro bass boost do you mean that you EQ or turn the headphone knob like I've read Alpha Dogs do? There's a ZMF V1 up for trades, what's the most striking differences compared to Pandora VI?

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #674 of 2,057
The v.1 sounds more full and darker. That's the one that needs the bass boost NOT the vibro. The vibro has more bass than all of them but can be plugged to have less. I personally prefer the Vibro because the notes are more round, weighty and natural sounding at the expense of a little speed to the VI. Once I got my Vibro it was bye bye Pandora. The pandora is great but a little sheeny/splashy sounding by comparison. The v1 is a little more grainy than than the vibro and pandora and has less bass but again weightier notes. Soundstage would go to the Vibro as well. The pandora is the fastest/clearest and sounds the least resonant. The Vibro has better layering.

IMO vibro>pandora>>v1

Jul 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #675 of 2,057
So ZMF Vibro has more bass than Pandora? There goes my hopes up that Pandora would have satisfying bass response for my needs since the ZMF Vibro on the manufacturer page is said to have only up to 4dB boost with all holes opened. Grizzly, do you feel that's accurate that ZMF Vibro would be only a 4dB boost (comparing to other headphones you've got experienced with), that's like basically not much to write home about, generally 3~4dB sounds almost neutral, more so than 0 boost (talking measured FR response with typical applied compensation). But since it doesn't say any more in detail how that 4dB boost of ZMF Vibro is measured it can mean a bit anything. :p

Personally I'm ideally looking for measured 8~10dB (depends a bit on dampening and quality of it) boost ideally peaking around 80Hz, rolling off past 150Hz in the upper end and below 40Hz in the other end. (let's not forget Fostex TH-900 measures around 10dB bass boost, a case where it's not so troublesome for a true hi-fi sound due to excellent dampening/quality)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back