Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jan 20, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #2,027 of 2,057
Stock pads a bit worn out

A2FCD549-5FCC-44E4-A1A7-DA231CB1A90D.jpeg

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #2,029 of 2,057
I suppose D8000 or D8000 pro is totally different beast, right?

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #2,031 of 2,057
I haven't actually listened to the Pandora VI in a while because I was trying out a bunch of different closed back headphones. Does it matter if they are closed back? Cause I could try out most of my headphones and let you know what I find out. Though it will probably take a while since I own a lot of headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #2,032 of 2,057
I own the D8000 Pro. I could do a comparison between the 2 but I'm not sure where my stock pads are for the Pandora VI. I replaced them with the Shure 1540 pads. I replaced them for comfort reasons.
Thank you! I'll really appreciate it :)
I haven't actually listened to the Pandora VI in a while because I was trying out a bunch of different closed back headphones. Does it matter if they are closed back? Cause I could try out most of my headphones and let you know what I find out. Though it will probably take a while since I own a lot of headphones.
I'd like to drive can with my Hiby RS6, so i'll prefer something easy to drive with great punch as Pandora has.
Pandora isn't very comfy but nothing bad here.

Jan 21, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #2,033 of 2,057
Thank you! I'll really appreciate it :)

I'd like to drive can with my Hiby RS6, so i'll prefer something easy to drive with great punch as Pandora has.
Pandora isn't very comfy but nothing bad here.
Alright, I will give them a listen then do some comparisons and let you know what I think. Thought if punchy-ness is what you are after the Kennerton Rognir Dynamic or the Denon 9200 would be a great start point. What are a couple of you favorite songs so I know what you typically listen to cause if I do what I listen to it might not work for what you listen to. PM me a list so we are not clogging up the thread with this conversation. It will probably take a while to do the comparisons since I own 20ish headphones. I did find my original pads so I can listen to the Pandora VI stock to make sure the pads I swapped to didn't change the sound signature.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #2,034 of 2,057
Alright, I will give them a listen then do some comparisons and let you know what I think. Thought if punchy-ness is what you are after the Kennerton Rognir Dynamic or the Denon 9200 would be a great start point. What are a couple of you favorite songs so I know what you typically listen to cause if I do what I listen to it might not work for what you listen to. PM me a list so we are not clogging up the thread with this conversation. It will probably take a while to do the comparisons since I own 20ish headphones. I did find my original pads so I can listen to the Pandora VI stock to make sure the pads I swapped to didn't change the sound signature.
Does Rognir Dynamic differ from Gjallarhorn JM Edition?

Jan 24, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #2,035 of 2,057
Does Rognir Dynamic differ from Gjallarhorn JM Edition?
I own the LSA HP-2 Ultra. Which is based off the Gjallarhorn. The HP-2 had a much larger sound stage with very little bass presence. The Rognir is basically better in every way besides sound stage over the HP-2 but still has a massive sound stage for a closedback.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #2,036 of 2,057
All the headphones I tested: Final Audio D8000 Pro, Lawton type 4 TH900, Denon 9200, Lawton Type 2 Emu-teak, Mrspeakers Ether CX, Focal Elegia, Philphone, Gajallerhorn 40, Rognir Dynamic, HD800s, HD650, LSA HP-2 Ultra, LSA HP-1, LSA HP-Diamond, ZMF Verite Closed. None of them had exactly the same sound signature but a couple did get close. Decided not test many of my cheaper headphones.

The D8000 Pro is a completely different tuning. I don't think you would be upset with it. It is, also, quite a bit harder to drive that just about everything I tested.

I would say the closest sounding to the Pandora VI while still being easy to drive and being a direct improvement would be the Fostex TH900 with full Lawton upgrade type 4 wood. If you don't want to have to modify a headphone the Denon AH9200 is a very close second, thought perhaps a little dark in the sound.

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #2,037 of 2,057
@Lickumms woooow incredible post, thank you!!!
I was close to buy TH909 2 years ago but I chose Klipsch HP3 that I sold last year, I prefer more resolving, and lively sound but with good timbre and deep bass, HP3 was euphoric and a bit 2D sound.
I read stock Th900 is too bassy but I don’t know Lawton upgrades, I need to read about it.
Denon AH9200 would be another good choice over TH909?
Do you know Spirit Torino Super leggera? I listened one with upgrades that was good but maybe needs a good amp to shine.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #2,038 of 2,057
@Lickumms woooow incredible post, thank you!!!
I was close to buy TH909 2 years ago but I chose Klipsch HP3 that I sold last year, I prefer more resolving, and lively sound but with good timbre and deep bass, HP3 was euphoric and a bit 2D sound.
I read stock Th900 is too bassy but I don’t know Lawton upgrades, I need to read about it.
Denon AH9200 would be another good choice over TH909?
Do you know Spirit Torino Super leggera? I listened one with upgrades that was good but maybe needs a good amp to shine.
I have never tried Spirit Torino. From what I have heard about them they seem to be more catering towards a Bass head sound. Lots of people seem to compare them to Grados due to there design style and most people seem to say they are a more bass forward headphone over Grados. I also posted a bunch of closed back headphones for sale, Plus the D8000 pro, if you are interested.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #2,039 of 2,057
I’ll try to demo 9200 and 909😋

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #2,040 of 2,057
Looking for a FA Sonorous VI, I found mixed reviews about their treble reproduction. Some reviewers say it is not extended at all (too warm) and even piercing, while others say that their BA it is not properly tuned with the other driver and it sounds artificial or 'metallic' as compared to the Sonorous IV. What is your experience? I love my AT MSR7 with extended and detailed treble, but too shy bass, and looking for upgrading to FA Sonorous VI or IV. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back