Review: VSonic GR07 - Dynamic Monitors? Check!
Jul 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #106 of 116

If you haven't heard the GR07 or every other universal IEM why are you stating such things?  Not to mention hijacking th GR07 thread.

Quote:
The K2 SP is the last upgrade you can do in the universal iem world. Best construction and sound.

I've had the Westone 4, j-phonic K2 SP  (apple red) and the ES SM3 for review (videos in portuguese). The K2 SP performed best and the SM3 was the funniest. W4 has a different presentation, I didn't like them so much as the others.

(wrong thread, sorry) 

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #107 of 116

Quote:
The K2 SP is the last upgrade you can do in the universal iem world. Best construction and sound.

I've had the Westone 4, j-phonic K2 SP  (apple red) and the ES SM3 for review (videos in portuguese). The K2 SP performed best and the SM3 was the funniest. W4 has a different presentation, I didn't like them so much as the others.

(wrong thread, sorry) 

Nice youtube review!  They truly look like small apples, very pretty.

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #111 of 116

Quote:

I'm trying to help a friend buy his first IEMs and I'm currently considering GR07. He uses an Ipod (6th gen, no EQ) and my SM3 didn't get along with it; SM3 needs a little taming with an EQ, due to strong bass and the lower midrange hump... So do you think GR07 would cause similar problems or is its sound characteristics distant from that of SM3? Also how is the isolation of GR07 compared to SM3; the main reason for my friend to buy an IEM is the isolaton they offer.

Or would he be better off with an Ortofon EQ-5?

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #112 of 116

Quote:
I'm trying to help a friend buy his first IEMs and I'm currently considering GR07. He uses an Ipod (6th gen, no EQ) and my SM3 didn't get along with it; SM3 needs a little taming with an EQ, due to strong bass and the lower midrange hump... So do you think GR07 would cause similar problems or is its sound characteristics distant from that of SM3? Also how is the isolation of GR07 compared to SM3; the main reason for my friend to buy an IEM is the isolaton they offer.

Or would he be better off with an Ortofon EQ-5?

GR07 does not have the same sound profile the SM3 has. What you're describing will not be an issue. Isolation is a little behind what a well-fitting SM3 is capable of but not by a large margin. I think for commuting the isolation is plentiful. e-Q5 will not have any intrusive bass either but its form factor might be a little less friendly for a beginner. Still a great all-rounder, though.

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #113 of 116
Greeting from S-E-A, Mine has reached the post office.. and will be taken home by tomorrow.

I want to thank everybody for the input. Of course, thanks to Lljoker, Mark2410 and "--ClieOS--" who has the inspired me on the purchase of GR07 for my loved one, even this cost me one month wage.
ksc75smile.gif

Gonna need to save for a pair for myself later.

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #114 of 116

Quote:
Greeting from S-E-A, Mine has reached the post office.. and will be taken home by tomorrow.

I want to thank everybody for the input. Of course, thanks to Lljoker, Mark2410 and "--ClieOS--" who has the inspired me on the purchase of GR07 for my loved one, even this cost me one month wage.
ksc75smile.gif

Gonna need to save for a pair for myself later.

That should make them sound even sweeter, not to mention you'll be able to demo them for yourself to decide if you'd want something different for yourself.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #116 of 116

Quote:
That should make them sound even sweeter, not to mention you'll be able to demo them for yourself to decide if you'd want something different for yourself.

I just tested the sound of VR07 fresh out of the box and I liked the quality of Mids and the soundstage of them (she will love them much 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 ).

Hoping the sound will improve better by days used.

At the moment I gotta say I'll stick with my beloved PFE012 and Shure-SE215 for quite a while before I can jump for a higher IEMs.

All impression which you, Clieos, and Mark2410 had mentioned about GR07 are quite true. ^^ Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back