Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Dec 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #2,672 of 3,079
I really like this amp with my K501..the mids are wonderfully seductive..first thing I listened was Anner Bylsma's Bach suites (on the slightly bigger Stradivarius Servais cello)

What a trip... Beethoven string Quartets (Alexander Q) sounds splendid as well as does Bill Evans 1961 Village Vanguard rec)

The treble is just right for me, the bass is lacking though in Mahler symphonies.. of course this is a K501 issue, so I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X2 for Mahler..

Anyone heard these on the V200?  Any thoughts on alternatives around the same price level?

Thanks guys for contributing in this thread, which made my buy this great amp! Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2,673 of 3,079
  I really like this amp with my K501..the mids are wonderfully seductive..first thing I listened was Anner Bylsma's Bach suites (on the slightly bigger Stradivarius Servais cello)

What a trip... Beethoven string Quartets (Alexander Q) sounds splendid as well as does Bill Evans 1961 Village Vanguard rec)

The treble is just right for me, the bass is lacking though in Mahler symphonies.. of course this is a K501 issue, so I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X2 for Mahler..

Anyone heard these on the V200?  Any thoughts on alternatives around the same price level?

Thanks guys for contributing in this thread, which made my buy this great amp! Cheers
beerchug.gif

Well they're 30ohm cans with 100db/mW, so I'd expect the V200 to be able to literally blow them up.

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,674 of 3,079

Well they're 30ohm cans with 100db/mW, so I'd expect the V200 to be able to literally blow them up.

biggrin.gif

I have my gain on -12db on my K501, so I'm using the volume knob between 12-3 o'clock..I never listen loud, but I wonder if the V200 has any influence at all on the X2 treble.. or maybe even tames it a bit?

I'm selling my brand new SR225e, it's too bright for me..   darn tinnitus
redface.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #2,675 of 3,079

biggrin.gif

I have my gain on -12db on my K501, so I'm using the volume knob between 12-3 o'clock..I never listen loud, but I wonder if the V200 has any influence at all on the X2 treble.. or maybe even tames it a bit?

I'm selling my brand new SR225e, it's too bright for me..   darn tinnitus
redface.gif

It shouldn't really. Part of the Vio. mantra is neutrality so all the amp should be doing is making things louder for you.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2,676 of 3,079

beerchug.gif

A bit of EQ on them can sort the bass out, at least that's how I roll with them. A think you should give it a try before moving on to other cans. K501 have something inherently unique with them and that's why they're so special.

I get my Mahler (and Progressive/Doom metal) bass stuffed through the woodied Magnum drivers with G-Cush pads. I think you could have a go with those pads before letting the Grados go 
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #2,682 of 3,079
  A bit of EQ on them can sort the bass out, at least that's how I roll with them. A think you should give it a try before moving on to other cans. K501 have something inherently unique with them and that's why they're so special.

I get my Mahler (and Progressive/Doom metal) bass stuffed through the woodied Magnum drivers with G-Cush pads. I think you could have a go with those pads before letting the Grados go 
wink.gif

I agree the K501 is special..I sold the SR225e and bought a fidelio X2 for my Mahler (&Shostakovich), which sounds awesome with the V200, very balances and really good bass and as a bonus it works wonders with my tinnitus..
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #2,683 of 3,079
Looking at buying a V200 and found a seller on Ebay. Before I jump in and purchase, just wanted to check if they are legit dealers and if anyone here had used them before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Violectric-by-Lake-People-HPA-V200-UVP-900-/351294351229?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker&hash=item51cac6677d&autorefresh=true

Thanks in advance

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #2,684 of 3,079
  Looking at buying a V200 and found a seller on Ebay. Before I jump in and purchase, just wanted to check if they are legit dealers and if anyone here had used them before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Violectric-by-Lake-People-HPA-V200-UVP-900-/351294351229?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker&hash=item51cac6677d&autorefresh=true

Thanks in advance

I'd advise getting it here: http://www.thomann.de/gb/violectric_hpa_200_kopfhoererverstaerker.htm
It's cheaper too and it's a reputed seller. That being said, the Ebay seller seems to have good evaluations. personally I'd rather buy it from a "real" shop

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,685 of 3,079
Thanks for the reply. 

I did look at thomann initially but was thinking that if the eBay seller was legit, I would put in a cheeky offer and save some money as it seems from past sales they have accepted as low as £450.
But as you say, buying from an actual shop is always better in terms of after sales. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back