Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2,375 of 3,062
Dec 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #2,380 of 3,062

My LCD-XC should be arriving soon, but I don't know exactly when. Demand for those things is through the roof!

Just ordered a V200 to go with my LCD-X. Got a 20% off deal with full warranty. It was hard to pass up. From your review of the Vio and everything I've read, I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the combo. The X headphones are not as lush or warm as the LCD-2s or 3s, they are somewhat more neutral. I prefer a warm, darker sound signature to overly bright or hyper detailed. I understand some felt it was too much of a good thing with the 2s and 3s, but with the somewhat 'lighter' tonal balance of the Xs, should be a very good match. And I understand the V200 will put out about 1 1/2 watts into a 22ohm load. Should be plenty of juice.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #2,382 of 3,062
V200 is an amazing piece of hardware and will continue to be long after the new balanced amp comes out, haha. :) Maybe the new balanced version doesn't have the same dark, yet detailed & clear magical flavor of the V200? All I can say is that if you like dark, yet detailed and clear, spacious sound, V200 should definitely be checked out.

Has anyone tried using V200 as a preamp? How did that turn out?

Same question about the V800. :)

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2,383 of 3,062
   All I can say is that if you like dark, yet detailed and clear, spacious sound, V200 should definitely be checked out.

Absolutely agree with this. Pairing it with my Audeze LCD-X headphones is a match made in heaven, for me. Most like Apogee Scintilla and Diva set ups I heard many years ago in some hi fi shops. Something I could never have afforded, financially or space wise. It is nice to finally have a touch of that magic I heard many years ago

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,384 of 3,062
  Absolutely agree with this. Pairing it with my Audeze LCD-X headphones is a match made in heaven, for me. Most like Apogee Scintilla and Diva set ups I heard many years ago in some hi fi shops. Something I could never have afforded, financially or space wise. It is nice to finally have a touch of that magic I heard many years ago

I've been wondering about this, since I have the V200 and am seriously considering getting the LCD X. Does it sound as good or better with the LCD X as it does the LCD 2.R2? Pairing the LCD X with the V200 won't give me any issues as with the V200/LCD 3 pairing right?

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,385 of 3,062
  I've been wondering about this, since I have the V200 and am seriously considering getting the LCD X. Does it sound as good or better with the LCD X as it does the LCD 2.R2? Pairing the LCD X with the V200 won't give me any issues as with the V200/LCD 3 pairing right?

Although I have listened to the LCD2 (latest), it was with another amp. I have not heard the LCD-3. Not sure what sort of issues you may be referring to, but I'm a very happy camper with this set up. Of course, from a purely enjoyment level, ymmv....etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back