Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Sep 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,312 of 3,062
  right now i am running the rs1i with the v200, there is definitely chemistry with the two

I'm not a huge Grado fan these days, but I gotta admit - they sound better on the V200 than most other amps. Low output impedance for quality bass with good damping factor, and smooth, well controlled highs for less sharp/edgy sound. 

Now that I've talked about it, it reminds me - I need to try the PS500. Measurements on that thing look better than any Grado I've yet seen. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2,313 of 3,062

I'm not a huge Grado fan these days, but I gotta admit - they sound better on the V200 than most other amps. Low output impedance for quality bass with good damping factor, and smooth, well controlled highs for less sharp/edgy sound. 

Now that I've talked about it, it reminds me - I need to try the PS500. Measurements on that thing look better than any Grado I've yet seen. 

I believe this combo would be good. V200 is very suitable for Grado. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,314 of 3,062

Hey project86, if you ever had the chance to try the PS500, let us know what do you think about it ya. :) Had been contemplating on a lighter pair of headphones, alongside my HD650 for some time.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #2,315 of 3,062
the clicking on my V200 w/USB is starting to get really annoying, i have it connected to my computer using JRiver and it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #2,316 of 3,062
hi, i don't think it's the v200, it must be the dac or something down the chain

i had it like

pc -> usb -> m-audio fast track ultra -> spdif -> v800 -> xlr -> v200 -> beyer t1 (very sensitive hp despite the 600ohms)

thought it was the v800 but it really was the m-audio over the spdif

what os are you using

what method ds, wasapi, ks, asio?

edit: actually the v800 clicks too but way less

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #2,318 of 3,062
that's strange never happened to me over ds

when you say "it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc." you mean when such sounds star/stop or random during playback?

is it single clicks or cracking noise?

try another player

in foobar one can set up for ds streaming the fadein fadeout delay, maybe you can try this in jriver

i usually disable windows sounds in cp -  sound - sounds - sound scheme - no sound

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #2,319 of 3,062
Windows will play a sound if i do generic things like click on a folder, change the volume, empty the recycle bin etc, thats when my V200 will click, then 8 seconds later it will click again, they are single clicks.

JRiver is set to fadein between songs, there are no clicks between tracks, even in Windows Media Player which has no fadein.

I guess whats happening is the device clicks when a audio signal passes through, then when inactive for 8 seconds, clicks again because no signal is passing through.

I should really turn off windows sounds to stop this.

At any rate I dont like the built in DAC, i'll just pass it through my Concero which at least doesn't click, and is a far superior DAC anyway.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #2,320 of 3,062
At any rate I dont like the built in DAC, i'll just pass it through my Concero which at least doesn't click, and is a far superior DAC anyway.

aaaa, you have the v200 with the dac option, now it's all clear, didn't realize that

edit: or one can use ks,asio, wasapi to listen to music, it will automatically cut of windows or any other sound while the music player is running, and you can set windows and application sounds to run trough another device while having the player using the v200 with ks,wasapi

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #2,321 of 3,062
yeah i gave up using it, its pretty much a waste of $$, this Tenor chip is garbage, had another thing happen just now.... was running music and decided to play a game at the same time, suddenly a horrible crackle started happening swapping from left to right which would not stop even when i closed every application forcing me to restart the amp

Thanks for the replies though.

To anyone who is reading this....

Warning: Do not buy the internal USB DAC option

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #2,322 of 3,062
yeah i gave up using it, its pretty much a waste of $$, this Tenor chip is garbage, had another thing happen just now.... was running music and decided to play a game at the same time, suddenly a horrible crackle started happening swapping from left to right which would not stop even when i closed every application forcing me to restart the amp

Thanks for the replies though.

To anyone who is reading this....

Warning: Do not buy the internal USB DAC option

or perhaps do not buy Windows PCs...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #2,323 of 3,062
you may want to try change the ground jumper from lift to gnd or vice versa, sometimes it's up to the rest of the setup, not really the usb chip, more likely the dac having issues, cracking is typical of devices without proper grounding, like laptops, sometimes you can feel on the metallic cases of such devices a tingling, piercing, sensation on your skin

or perhaps do not buy Windows PCs...
rolleyes.gif

macs ain't better in this aspect

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2,325 of 3,062
the clicking on my V200 w/USB is starting to get really annoying, i have it connected to my computer using JRiver and it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc.

the clicking is normal as discussed by many some time ago. Just set to a constant sample rate and you wont hear the clicking. also.. the relay will reset every 8 seconds or so. so yea.. make sure the relay is always active then you won't hear that click. if not it will click on everything.

Another way, best way, is to set the default audio in your computer to something else. only the music player to the dac. it will not click then.

My 24/96 usb works great. love it. and the dac is powered by the internal psu. save me the cost of a usb psu too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back