[REVIEW] The ACS T1 - a tear jerker (but in a good way)
Mar 17, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #121 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's evil!
biggrin.gif

Well actually Shigzeo has a point here
smily_headphones1.gif
You already have a very good pair of customs, so you can afford to wait a bit
wink.gif
. That would probably help with the exchange rate too, as it's definitely not gonna stay that low forever.

@Royhendo : I love your new sig
biggrin.gif

I'm a bit curious about the otoferm cream : besides the comfort, does it change the sound isolation ? Of course I realize you're supposed to get a seal more easily this way, but is it the case all the time ? Or can you get an equivalent seal sometimes, and need the cream to help getting it on other instances ?

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #122 of 235
You get the seal without it mate, but it's more resilient somehow - just an adhesive really. It's strange, because you learn what the truly 'noisy' things are in life. Ripped paper, stilleto heels on concrete, and that's the only thing you'll hear despite the fact that heavy trucks and boisterous kids are everywhere around you.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #123 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get the seal without it mate, but it's more resilient somehow - just an adhesive really. It's strange, because you learn what the truly 'noisy' things are in life. Ripped paper, stilleto heels on concrete, and that's the only thing you'll hear despite the fact that heavy trucks and boisterous kids are everywhere around you.

Thanks for you answer, that's what I was thinking.
I agree with you about the "real noisy things", and I'm getting the feeling I'm becoming more sensitive to it, the more I listen to my IEM. Stiletto on concrete, or worse on ceramic floor tiles like the subway's ones here in Tokyo, can be deafening sometimes. It should be forbidden by law to walk with stilettos without a plastic piece stuck to the bottom of it
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #124 of 235
Well, I've been listening to these solid for several weeks now (the new ones) and they're proving themselves magnificent for everything I throw at them. I was maybe restricted a little with the old ones on some level, cos I'd find myself craving only certain styles, but now I'm listening to everything. Today I was even listening to some old Scottish Country Dance music because my Dad's favourite tenor had died (Kenneth McKellor). They're like all the top line ones really I guess - everything that's got quality and soul comes to life with them.

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #125 of 235
Read there is a T1s. I am using the T1 for a few years & am going to send in for servicing.

Just like to know is there a great difference between the T1 & T1s in term of SQ ?

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #126 of 235
Definitely - having used both there's both an increase in detail and a more balanced presentation overall.

I met Andy Sciach yesterday - lovely bloke - and he confirmed they're bringing in detatchable cables soon.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #127 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely - having used both there's both an increase in detail and a more balanced presentation overall.

I met Andy Sciach yesterday - lovely bloke - and he confirmed they're bringing in detatchable cables soon.

Are you saying about detachable cable ?

My current T1 ( first generation ) having intermittent sound on my right module. Most probably due to the cable plug joint area. The old drivers were last checked 6 months ago with no problem.

Since I will be sending in for servicing, I am going to change the current color of my cable & redo the impression as it's all white ( look ugly after some years of usage ).

I am thinking of changing all the drivers to a new one but that's as good as getting a new one ?
confused_face_2.gif

I really enjoyed my current T1 but if there is really an improvement. Why not ? But just that is it really justified to do so.
rolleyes.gif

I might delay sending in if the detachable cable coming soon as I felt that it's better with the current problem I am facing.

Need to send email again to confirm with Stacey.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #128 of 235
Yes he meant detachable cables, and it's definitely on the way. I guess they could include the new system if you get a remould, but they're still testing as far as I know. No production yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying about detachable cable ?

My current T1 ( first generation ) having intermittent sound on my right module. Most probably due to the cable plug joint area. The old drivers were last checked 6 months ago with no problem.

Since I will be sending in for servicing, I am going to change the current color of my cable & redo the impression as it's all white ( look ugly after some years of usage ).

I am thinking of changing all the drivers to a new one but that's as good as getting a new one ?
confused_face_2.gif

I really enjoyed my current T1 but if there is really an improvement. Why not ? But just that is it really justified to do so.
rolleyes.gif

I might delay sending in if the detachable cable coming soon as I felt that it's better with the current problem I am facing.

Need to send email again to confirm with Stacey.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #131 of 235
I'm really interested to see a comparison of the 2X-S, the 3MAX, and the ACS T1 v.2. I'm happy with my 2X-S for now, but I wonder how they stack up to these new silicon offerings.

I'm glad to see silicon becoming more popular. The material is a must for me on stage. I've never had an acrylic custom, but after using universals, I just can't imagine acrylic being a good option for me. I'm curious to know just how much softer the ACS is than the Sensa's.

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #132 of 235
Already send in my ACS T1. Now waiting for their reply.........

If all my drivers are checked ok, I don't think I should changed all to new one. It's as good as buying a new pair.
confused_face.gif

But SQ to me is the most important.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #133 of 235
Quite angry with the ACS people. I had shipped them my ACS T1 on 30th April & the last message from them was 5th May as below :

We have received your T1, thank you for sending this in to us.

Unfortunately we are having a few problems with the import of your package that we will have to sort out before I can proceed with the quotation of the repair.
As soon as we have an update I will let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Email them already twice as I still have not received any quotation from them yet. 

By the way, what is the waiting period. I am from Singapore ?
According to them is 10 days after giving me a quotation.

Hope that they did not lost my ACS T1. I don't trust them anymore.
At least do not keep me in the dark. If still no reply, I think I will switch to other brands. I have been missing my music lately.

mad.gif

[size=10pt] [/size]

May 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #134 of 235
Hmm not a nice situation, but bear in mind that the last few weeks have been hell with air mail in western Europe, with all the trouble linked to the Iceland ash plums. I don't think ACS even have seen the slightest part of your package. If they can't have it go through the customs, it means the customs officers are blocking the package, not that ACS is sitting on it.

Have you tried to give them a call ? I'm sure you'd get info this way.

Quote:
Quite angry with the ACS people. I had shipped them my ACS T1 on 30th April & the last message from them was 5th May as below :

We have received your T1, thank you for sending this in to us.

Unfortunately we are having a few problems with the import of your package that we will have to sort out before I can proceed with the quotation of the repair.
As soon as we have an update I will let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Email them already twice as I still have not received any quotation from them yet. 

By the way, what is the waiting period. I am from Singapore ?
According to them is 10 days after giving me a quotation.

Hope that they did not lost my ACS T1. I don't trust them anymore.
At least do not keep me in the dark. If still no reply, I think I will switch to other brands. I have been missing my music lately.

May 18, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #135 of 235
I had sent them email again. I thought the Air flight is ok already. Even if they did not received my part, at least should sent me an email & not keeping me in the dark. I find this unacceptable.

I never called UK before & really hope that they will response soon or never.

Quote:
Hmm not a nice situation, but bear in mind that the last few weeks have been hell with air mail in western Europe, with all the trouble linked to the Iceland ash plums. I don't think ACS even have seen the slightest part of your package. If they can't have it go through the customs, it means the customs officers are blocking the package, not that ACS is sitting on it.

Have you tried to give them a call ? I'm sure you'd get info this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back