[REVIEW] T-PEOS H-200 - 3 Way Hybrid Earphone (Welcome The Changes)
May 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:
I know that this is like comparing apples and oranges, but what would say is the better $/value between this and the VC1000?  I have never owned a hybrid (partly due to their normally higher price range) and am quite interested in the H-200.  Does it really give the best of both BA and Dynamic sounds?

EDIT: Give me the first 3 words that come to mind when you think of the H-200.

Well...H20 at the moment has both H-200 and VC1000 so he would be tho one to give best opinion, I can voice out once I receive my loan H-200

beyersmile.png

May 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #18 of 38
I know that this is like comparing apples and oranges, but what would say is the better $/value between this and the VC1000?  I have never owned a hybrid (partly due to their normally higher price range) and am quite interested in the H-200.  Does it really give the best of both BA and Dynamic sounds?

EDIT: Give me the first 3 words that come to mind when you think of the H-200.

Well, I think H-200 is better value between them, simply because it's not often you'll see a well built 3 way Hybrid going for $200 (with promotion deal). You're getting a lot for your money, most other 3 way Hybrids creep up past easily double+ this price.

Three words, hmmm.....

Design, versatility, value.

May 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #22 of 38
i pulled the trigger and ordered H200, my wallet now hates me even more... :-D

May 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #23 of 38
Originally Posted by Gintaras /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i pulled the trigger and ordered H200, my wallet now hates me even more... :-D

But, soon.. your ears will love you.

wink_face.gif

May 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 38
This is a fascinating thread and having loved the 100 after numerous tweaking and playing with tips, I much prefered the BA-200.  I was very much satiated and loving my BA 200's.  But I have found something substantially better in The Hifiman RE 400.  I have had it a few days and heard it doing some wonderful things.  Greater neutrality, a touch more sweetness, a touch fuller weightier bass with a very musical midbass to lower mid warmth. The highs are sweet and smooth and the most noticeable improvement over the 200. Soundstage comparable but with more focus, larger images, and a bit more solidity and layering, maybe a bit less laid back, but not really more forward in presentation. I was really looking forward to doing some extensive A/B comparison and then it hit me.  The dual flange silicones the smaller version kind of bugged me but seem to fit and seal extremely well...but the gap between the filter/noozle end and my tympanic membrane bothered me. I want the tip of the noozle deep!  I also like the feel of foam in my ear.  Sometimes as with the 200's foam by itself doesn't seal entirely...hence a foamed silcone.  That is what I did with the large dual flange on the 200. Tried that with the RE 400 and sounded better but uncomfortable.  Finally settled on customizing and cutting
hole punched earplug till the fit the 400's and my ears. No gap...I cut the tips to be flush with noozle/filter end.  The sound is well let's put it this way.  The 200's are almost irrelevant now.  Why?   The RE 400 just sound like music.  If you have every listened to a really good tube amp, preferably a DHT Single ended triode you will know.  I love the sound of a 2A3!  It is the way they produce even order harmonics. It is largely the difference between digital and analog and all those goofy things that just pull you in.  I heard it first with my portable setup and then my computer setup.  With the silicone tips its at about 50% of this and a bit better in terms of musical involvemet than the TDK's. Better than the BA 200 but primarily in the highs and in sense of neutrality and lower mid upper bass warmth.  The foam tips let them sing and resonate music.  Every thing just says music and all you want to do is keep listening.   So I'm looking forward to hearing the H200 but the RE 400 is remarkable with foam tips done this way.  It sounds like a balanced armature dynamic hybrid and is the best in or on ear experience I have personally had and rivals the best loudspeakers I have owned or heard.  It has no weakness and is remarkably balnced...it just sounds right. 

I suspect from Flysweep comments the only thing worth considering may be the H 200...but it will really have to stretch to beat these.

Looking forward to it.

Very Happy Listening

jgwtriode

May 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #26 of 38
Great read! Considering ordering.

May 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #28 of 38
H2O, beware, if we all do not love H200 we will find you... 
tongue.gif
k701smile.gif

May 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #29 of 38
Gintaras i think we are in for a treat bro, cuz i just spoke to someone who has it and he just compared these with a few high end iems.. and he told me this trumps alot of them, he ended with "its a keeper" . I just want to thank H20 cuz he saved me alot of money.
biggrin.gif
Cant wait to get them! hahaha

May 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #30 of 38
yeah, i still wait to see a confirmation of shipping from T-Peos... waiting kills :frowning2:
and you know hearing is believing :-D
so i need to put my hands on them before i can say more. i have RDB so will compare but i love RDB a lot and so H200 will have hard time to convince me. RWAK and T1 will be my friends to give H200 a good ride :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back