[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Mar 15, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #766 of 911
 I must be some kind of basshead. Am i the only one who finds hd681 evo bass is lacking a bit and highs is over emphasised? :/

bass is lacking a bit...I would say 1- you are a serious basshead or 2- your EVO is defective. Mine had a slow woolly bass OOTB but after burn-in and foam mod it's a fun listen on the cheap. 
haha I'm actually aware that I'm that kind of person who love emphasis on lows frequencies. I'm pretty satisfied with the lows and bass tho but just require a little bit more eq :3

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #768 of 911
  I broke the headphones' headband. How can I fix them?

Superlux has new ones...

try here 

http://avlex.com/product_categories/7-headphones/

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #770 of 911
Straight out of the box, so with the vinyl headphones and no burn in, they sound pretty sweet.  I'm a big fan of Folk Rock (currently the Waifs), and these are just perfect.  Is there some specific music or sounds I should be using to burn these babies in evenly though?

Nevermind, I found this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/532844/headphone-burn-in/30 <3 this place.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #771 of 911
Sorry for the over excitement, but damn!  These are just so amazing!  I've been listening to some sweet binaural stuff, and they were great for positioning (where the sound comes from ? not sure what this is called), but I've now taken everyone's advice (read on Head-Fi) and started listening to some of my favourite music.  I'm in luuuuurve.  

I've had The Waifs (Folk/Country/Pop/Rock) on constantly for the last couple of days, and whoa!  Jazz Piano - Art Tatum - also sounds exceptional, and Rock?  That drum beat resonates nicely without overpowering.  AC DC and Aerosmith, Chuck Berry (the best - find stereo remasters if you can).

If I had to pick then I think I might try adding some sheep's wool inside the cup, as recommended to try and get more separation between the high base and low middle which is a little... squishy?  It has a longer thump than other ranges.  Also hoping it means the bass is proportionally quieter so I can turn them up the mids (especially mid-mids) (tenor range) which is too quiet for me.

But seriously, check out The Waifs.  It is like these cans were made for them.  ******* Perfect!

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #772 of 911
  I must be some kind of basshead. Am i the only one who finds hd681 evo bass is lacking a bit and highs is over emphasised? :/

I am not finding the bass lacking on my Evo. I do find mids to be a bit recessed, however. I actually like the treble presentation. Overall, after a year with these cans, I am very pleased. I have HD598 and HE400S around, along with some others, and I still spend a good deal of time listening to my HD681 Evo. They are just a very pleasant listen, IMHO. FWIW, there are times when I prefer it to my other cans. What do you know?

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #773 of 911

I am not finding the bass lacking on my Evo. I do find mids to be a bit recessed, however. I actually like the treble presentation. Overall, after a year with these cans, I am very pleased. I have HD598 and HE400S around, along with some others, and I still spend a good deal of time listening to my HD681 Evo. They are just a very pleasant listen, IMHO. FWIW, there are times when I prefer it to my other cans. What do you know?

Agreed. Maybe I was too used to the bass my m50x closed headphone was giving me. But still in overall i prefer it than my m50x due to comfort and sound signature.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #774 of 911
Any suggestions on how to strengthen the jack?  Is there something I can buy that will make it so any random tugs etc wont damage it?  If I get access to a soldering kit, I'd like to replace it with a female jack, but I don't know when that will be or if I even have the experience to not screw that up.  If someone could point me to a good female jack to replace the male one, that would be helpful too. (Needs to be available in Canada).  On that note- a good cable to use with that female jack- since I'd need to replace the stock one. (8-10 feet)

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #775 of 911
  Any suggestions on how to strengthen the jack?  Is there something I can buy that will make it so any random tugs etc wont damage it?  If I get access to a soldering kit, I'd like to replace it with a female jack, but I don't know when that will be or if I even have the experience to not screw that up.  If someone could point me to a good female jack to replace the male one, that would be helpful too. (Needs to be available in Canada).  On that note- a good cable to use with that female jack- since I'd need to replace the stock one. (8-10 feet)

I don't know how to do it. I was just looking at my Evo and I don't see a screw down near the jack junction with the silver part where it connects in. I just don't know how to do it on this can. Maybe someone smarter can figure it out :))).

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #778 of 911
Coming off a iem hiatus and broke out the EVO...exceptional IMO on my system. Keces amp, Maverick Audio DAC & Onkyo CD player. Sounds like a hp that could cost 2 to 3 times the price.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #780 of 911
  For those who had removed the felt disc, do you guys remove the foam disc as well?

I only had a thick @ss black felt piece glued to the driver screen...where is the foam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back