[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #91 of 167
I find my a little too bright, any possible hardware mod to tone down 5kHz - 10kHz down by about 3dB?
I can do that on EQu on my iphone, but I want to use them with my iPod classic.

Thankx

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #92 of 167

Quote:
im not sure about the pix, but did you put some stress relief for the cables?

The cable was enough thick to fit there really firmly, so I thought it wasn't necessary. And have had no issues yet even tho I once already stepped on the cable.. And yes the pix sux, removed most of them lol.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #93 of 167
Are there any directions on opening up the cups on the HD668B, or is it the same as the AKG K240?

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #95 of 167

Quote:
Here you go [size=small]www.rock-grotto.co.uk/HD[/size][size=small]681[/size][size=small].pdf[/size]

Thanks, I actually that about 30 seconds after posting the question.

May 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #96 of 167
I really love my 668bs. They seem to be my goto phones as of late. They are a great all 'rounder phone, seem to like whatever is thrown at them. I am so impressed for the money. I even prefer them over my RX700s. I call them my Zeppelin phones as there seems to be a synergy with Zeppelin.  
Either way I am enjoying the hell out of these things... 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #97 of 167
May 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #98 of 167
Hi, I just got my new HD668B. I love the bass (deep) and clarity very much, but it seems that the clarity come with the price of harsh on some notes.

Is there anyway to reduce or eliminate the harshness without(or little) reduction of clarity or sound quality ? without using EQ though, only available is modding ? Would like to have advise on it. Thanks in advance.

May 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #99 of 167
Quote:

If anyone can't do the filter mod, this EQ will help a bit.

The bass boost I gave is optional. But definitely wanna lower those highs a bit!

Sorry for the CHIT quality. Going to buy these pads sometime next week. http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306576990&sr=8-1

$35 beats killers

You should never EQ higher than 0dB it can cause distortion and potentially hurt the drivers, though not in this circumstance. The best way is to simply move everything under 0dB with your highest level being set to 0dB.

@guitar89, give them some time to break in before worrying about changing things!

May 28, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #100 of 167
Quote:

You should never EQ higher than 0dB it can cause distortion and potentially hurt the drivers, though not in this circumstance. The best way is to simply move everything under 0dB with your highest level being set to 0dB.

I was unaware of that, thank's for the tip! I set it to this. 

I'm having a little bit of an issue with some sort of crackling/rattling sound I hear on certain songs. I mostly notice it in dubstep/electronic songs (It's most noticable in Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites ) It happens even when the volume is low too. Does anyone know what could be causing this and if there is a fix? 

May 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #101 of 167
Is it still happening since you've changed the EQ?

I see you foam modded, make sure no hair got into the driver that could cause crackling. The last thing to check is if it's the recording by testing other songs.

May 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #102 of 167
Quote:
Is it still happening since you've changed the EQ?

I see you foam modded, make sure no hair got into the driver that could cause crackling. The last thing to check is if it's the recording by testing other songs.

It happens only on youtube but if I have the file downloaded and play it from foobar I don't hear it. So that's probably it.
 do you think if I took a piece of thin fabric and stretched it over the driver to prevent hair/debris entering the driver it would effect the sound much?

May 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #103 of 167
Quote:
 It happens only on youtube but if I have the file downloaded and play it from foobar I don't hear it. So that's probably it.
 do you think if I took a piece of thin fabric and stretched it over the driver to prevent hair/debris entering the driver it would effect the sound much?

That's simply bad quality from Youtube being the culprit then. As for the thin layer of fabric, no it shouldn't, something like pantyhose or something thin and stretchy like that should work perfect. 

May 31, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #104 of 167
Quote:

That's simply bad quality from Youtube being the culprit then. As for the thin layer of fabric, no it shouldn't, something like pantyhose or something thin and stretchy like that should work perfect. 

Just destroyed a pair of boxers and tore one of the pads accidentally trying to do that :frowning2:. I'm getting new pads soon anyway. I also removed the tissue mod and now there is a bit less bass however the mids improved substantially. Not as comfortable though :frowning2:. Especially since my ear is rubbing against the plastic covering the driver instead of the foam.
I

May 31, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #105 of 167
Quote:

Just destroyed a pair of boxers and tore one of the pads accidentally trying to do that :frowning2:. I'm getting new pads soon anyway. I also removed the tissue mod and now there is a bit less bass however the mids improved substantially. Not as comfortable though :frowning2:. Especially since my ear is rubbing against the plastic covering the driver instead of the foam.

You should stuff cotton under the pad instead of tissue, tissue make it sound harsher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back