[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Dec 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #151 of 167
Did you ever try getting replacement earpads for the HD668B? The AKG velvet ones from Cosmos are pretty nice. Bass is punchier and clarity is hugely improved. Also you don't sweat 5 minutes after putting them on.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #153 of 167
Did you ever try getting replacement earpads for the HD668B? The AKG velvet ones from Cosmos are pretty nice. Bass is punchier and clarity is hugely improved. Also you don't sweat 5 minutes after putting them on.

I know this is extremely late but yes

I've also heard the BrainWavz HM5 pads recommend as well, has any one tried all of the possible pads and figured out which pads do what?

May 1, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #154 of 167
Hello,

I didn`t know where to ask so I will ask here. I bought Superlux 668B, sound seems great but I noticed that in this song I hear some crackling in the beggining (first 20 seconds). I don`t hear crackling on my speakers or my other cheap Philips headphones. I also asked one guy who has some light expiriance in studio music and he say that my headphones are ok, that song contain crackling. My other friend has some 150$ speakers and there is no crackling in this song. Could someone here confirm this:

May 4, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #155 of 167
Hello,

I didn`t know where to ask so I will ask here. I bought Superlux 668B, sound seems great but I noticed that in this song I hear some crackling in the beggining (first 20 seconds). I don`t hear crackling on my speakers or my other cheap Philips headphones. I also asked one guy who has some light expiriance in studio music and he say that my headphones are ok, that song contain crackling. My other friend has some 150$ speakers and there is no crackling in this song. Could someone here confirm this:

Bump

May 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #158 of 167
I've also heard the BrainWavz HM5 pads recommend as well, has any one tried all of the possible pads and figured out which pads do what?

Beyer pads fit but have to be heated first. then they go over and when cooled "tighten" up to the cup lip.

I still cannot conclude whether the 770vb is 'better' but they are more comfy. Need to try more damping/mods on these. 990v didn\t seem to gel well. Same with AKG 240s which do better with 770vb vs 990v. Monitors im speaking of. No exp with Studio. didn't work on sextetts which have the shure 1540 pads. Will try 1540pads soon when time. :) YMMV

May 6, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #159 of 167
I hear crackling only in the first 20seconds, after that all seems normal. I posted this also on some other forum and one user told me that he hears something like sparkling in the beggining. Is there any program to test headphones?

Anytime i run into these issues, i play electro swing or liquid funk, or heavy metal drumming. I'm not sure why but they work for me. :D

May 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #160 of 167
I hear no crackling at all...

Anytime i run into these issues, i play electro swing or liquid funk, or heavy metal drumming. I'm not sure why but they work for me. :D

I asked this on other IT forum and 3 members told me that they hear something in the first 20 seconds, something like sparkling/sand sound, so that must be it. If I concentrate really good while listening with my Philips low budget headphones I can hear very faint sparkling/crackling sound in the first 20 seconds. Probably big difference in class between headphones.

May 10, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #161 of 167
It may be due to to the peaks Superlux has (mainly around 6kHz and 9kHz - depends on your ears). It exaggerates some details which can't be heard normally.. For some people this may be annoying, myself included. I modded my pair heavily until I could comfortably listen to them without an EQ.

May 11, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #164 of 167
It may be due to to the peaks Superlux has (mainly around 6kHz and 9kHz - depends on your ears). It exaggerates some details which can't be heard normally.. For some people this may be annoying, myself included. I modded my pair heavily until I could comfortably listen to them without an EQ.
Have you tried listening with a Zishan Z3 and OPA627? The combo is cool!

May 11, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #165 of 167
Can headphones be modded inside windows, with some software?
Yes, for example you can equalize the treble peaks with help of some frequency sweeps. There are more precise methods of of equalizing, but I've never tried them as I can only use accurate EQ in foobar on my laptop. On desktop Pc it should be easier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back