[REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone
Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #16 of 89
  Thank you for the review. I thought the aesthetics were cool but wanted to get an idea of the sound before considering them. 

Yeah, a friend of mine pointed that out the other day. Quite the deal, to be honest! 

I too, found the aesthetics to be pretty interesting. Simple, but somewhat unique. I initially wanted to 4D carbon fibre vinyl wrap the cups for sexiness, but I went against that as the vinyl would just peel off too easily. 

Before I acquired a pair, I read on the threads that the cups scratch really easily, but that wasn't the case, as I found it rather hard to scratch (unintentionally). I did, at one stage, run my nails over the cups (stupid idea, I know) to see how easily they scratch. I left them in a drawer with all my other cables and jacks, and yet no scratches as yet. But yeah, they're certainly well built. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #17 of 89
REVIEW UPDATED ("Tonality" section) 

Quote:
Nice review. Interesting how you found the HP200 to be warmer than the HP100. Just goes to show how people hear things differently.
Also the cups are metal not just polished plastic.

After spending a few hours using the HP200's again, I've found this to be the other way around - HP200 being brighter by a touch, with more clarity in the vocals. 

Apologies to everyone for a mislead! 
beyersmile.png

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #18 of 89
Taking advantage of your refreshing HP200,: I know that HP100 is  closed  and 200 open, but which of the two hp's would you recommend to a guy who prefers wider headstage and better mids?

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 89
Taking advantage of your refreshing HP200,: I know that HP100 is  closed  and 200 open, but which of the two hp's would you recommend to a guy who prefers wider headstage and better mids?

HP200's. To the point, as you want. :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #22 of 89
any idea on how these compare to Senn amperiors?  looking for something a bit more comfortable.

I haven't heard the Amperiors to give you a direct comparison. Sorry!

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #23 of 89
How deep are the pads?  When the pads are compressed while worn what's the distance between the driver and the pad surface?  I wear glasses so I'm sensitive to my ears being squished against the glasses frame.

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #24 of 89
  How deep are the pads?  When the pads are compressed while worn what's the distance between the driver and the pad surface?  I wear glasses so I'm sensitive to my ears being squished against the glasses frame.

Which pads are you referring to? For the stock pads, I can't really say, as I've compressed them with the overlapping of the FA-003 pads. 

If you're referring to the FA-003 pads, from the top of the pad (surface) to the driver (I dunked my ruler in for this measurement), it is a total of 2.5cm (25mm). As of the pads after compression when worn, I'm not too sure how that would be measured when worn, unless you want to elaborate the steps for me. 

Hope I could help.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #28 of 89
fireflyfu said:
.How easy would it be to replace the HP100 cups with wooden cups? I haven't done any headphone DIY before but wondering if HP100 is a good candidate to start with.

Oooh, I'm not too sure on this one! Never felt the urge to open it, but that's not a bad idea, as I'd like this idea to happen when a pro DIYer does it.

Sorry, I can't help as much on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back